deleting Routes

dgattenb

If you delete a route ( eg in Surveyor ) , will that get rid of all the assets on that route.

I have loads of routes I don't use , but want to keep some assest on those routes ( 2009 sp4)

Short answer, no. When deleting a route only its sessions get deleted as well.

When you think of it, deleting dependencies would be unwise, because many other routes you have installed could be using them too. So luckely that doesn't happen. Just think of the nightmare to redownload all that suddenly missing assets over and over again.:hehe:

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan

Short answer, no. When deleting a route only its sessions get deleted as well.
You sure, Jan?
I would not be surpriced if even the sessions stayed. In other words: Only the route is deleted, everything ever related to that route stays.

Depends on where the delete takes place.

If it's in game, it will probably delete the sessions as well.

If it's in Content Manager, it will only delete the route.

Shane

Thanks !! will get some culling done tonight !! I don't want the sessions or the routes , but do want to keep the textures , stock etc what ever came with that route.

You sure, Jan?
I would not be surpriced if even the sessions stayed. In other words: Only the route is deleted, everything ever related to that route stays.

Yes, in surveyor, as the OP said to use, if one deletes a route all of it's sessions are removed too. There's even a notifying popup telling you this and that you have to confirm to actually delete it all. Afaik this behaviour has been like this since trs2006.

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

Back