CSX IN THE MOVIES

Alex99al

CLOSED
HEY EVERYONE, WHILE CHANNEL BROWSING, I CAME ACROSS DISNEY'S FILM BOLT AND GUESS WHAT I SAW WHILE BROWSING. A PAIR OF CSX UNITS, TTX well cars, etcetera. Is it just me or is it CSX's first movie gig.

Probably not. I know that I was amused to see a CSX train with a car that was falling apart.

I have to say that Bolt was a pretty good movie, though UP is currently one of my favorite Pixar movies.

ya i noticed this when i took my son to see it in the movies. i also noticed how badly they were modeled.

in most games and movies, trains get the bad end of cgi. i guess its that not many people know enough about them to have it ruin the effect, but for those like myself and i am sure some of you, it detracts from the realism. i think back to some games like ww2 fps games where everything looks awesome and very historically accurate as far as planes and vehicles, but then here comes a train that doesnt sit on the tracks properly or looks like a lego building brick explosion.

I know, the units looked more brick like than the Pennsylvania Railroad's E44 freight electrics did in their service years. At least, they kept the scheme right, but they could have made the train more like a typical CSX consist. I mean, GEEZ LOUIZE, CSX is real, the least you could is make one of their trains, more realistic, rather than a bag of "bolts". (laughing)

I don't know. I think it was pretty decent for a movie-modeled train. For starters, they used real RR trademarks. That doesn't happen often AT ALL in movies.

If you thought that was decent, though, check out the movie "Everyone's Hero." It had a NYC Hudson and a MR F7 Hudson, both were pretty accurate in my opinion!:D

Back