Could everyone take 5 minuets of your time and help a shortline steam railroad?

Dylanviey

https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/pledge/522483-pt.barnum.5?utf8=✓&q[business_dba_name_cont]=the+Delaware+river+railroad&q[state_eq]=nj&q[city_eq]=Phillipsburg&commit=Search

If everyone could log in to their facebook (and i think twitter) and vote for the "The Delaware River Railroad Excursions" in "Phillipsburg", "New Jersey". If they can get 250 votes by the end of June they will be entered to win a $250,000 Grant. Just click on "Learn More" then "Log in and Support"

The money will go to extending the line by about 1.5 miles and build a real engine service facility with shop power for the steam locomotive. Currently everything operates out of a tent with a small 6000W Honda generator.

If you can also get your friends to vote it will help a lot.

If you want you can visit them at the web site below. The steam locomotive will be running Saturday and Sunday form now until the end of October.
http://www.877trainride.com/

Thanks,
Dylan

No FB or Twitter here, but if there is another way to support this, I'd probably give it a shot. I do hope they get the grant, and I want to take a ride in the near future. Thanks for posting this.

Unfortunately no FB or T here either - they are slowly hijacking the net. I will be one holdout in the last line of defence.
Is there any other way of voting?

Bob (CRO)

Thanks everyone who voted so far. They are up to 54 votes and the link has only been up since about 1am last night. (it's 9pm now)

I'll vote for them and share them on FB.

I'll can give you 5 Franz Josef Haydn Minuets, or 2 Bach, 2 Mozart, and 1 Haydn if you want.

John

Unfortunately no FB or T here either - they are slowly hijacking the net. I will be one holdout in the last line of defence.
Is there any other way of voting?

Bob (CRO)

I emailed them about that, and connecting using FB is the only way of voting.

Shane

ya i wish there was some other way other then facebook to vote but i guess it's the choice of who ever is giving out the grant weather to use only facebook or not.

So far (last time i checked) there where 63 votes.

I emailed them about that, and connecting using FB is the only way of voting.

Shane

I think FB gets used because its free - correct me if I'm wrong.
These days you can't even watch a TV show without FB and T prompting you to to be interactive with the show you are watching.
If you gotta resort to "interacting" with a TV show I think you have problems. I have an excuse to dialogue with walls etc., I have PTSD, but I'll not join the communications revolution when it collects more information
than I did as a Russian Linguist in the Aussie navy.

G'day to all - thats as far as I go....

Bob (CRO)

Back