Converting boxcars and bogies into scenery.

jadebullet

might be back?
I knew that I saw this on here before but I have searched and cant find it.

I am running 06 and I am wondering how I go about converting bogies and rolling stock into scenery.

thanks.

I seem to recall TC3 does this automatically to rolling stock that isn't part of a Train.

Converting the wagon in the config.txt file isn't a problem it's getting the bogeys in the correct place.

Cheerio John

I seem to recall TC3 does this automatically to rolling stock that isn't part of a Train.

Converting the wagon in the config.txt file isn't a problem it's getting the bogeys in the correct place.

Cheerio John

The bogies wont be a problem. They are not going to be attatched. just placed beside the track.

:confused:crap, sorry the splines aren't what I'm looking for.

I'm wondering what I have to change in the config file to turn it into a scenery piece. I want to place a bogieless RBox and Montana Raillink boxcar on the ground next to my track. (its based off of a pic that I saw) Basically they were part of a recent derailment and have to be cleaned up later. The bogies will be on the other side of the track, detatched from the cars. Thanks in advance.

But if you haven't gotten permission from the original creator to do that, you won't be able to release the route, if you wish to release the route.

I know. I figure that there are enough RBox and MRL boxcars available that I should be able to contact somebody and get permission. (something that im having a bit of trouble with already. I want to get someone to reskin an RS3 for me but I can't get ahold of the creator of the RS3 for permission. ><) And if I can't, then I just delete them from the route. No big deal. It's more of for my entertainment when building the route right now. I actually don't see me finishing the route for a WHILE anyway.

Don't worry, I'm not going to cheat anyone out of their work.

I know. I figure that there are enough RBox and MRL boxcars available that I should be able to contact somebody and get permission. (something that im having a bit of trouble with already. I want to get someone to reskin an RS3 for me but I can't get ahold of the creator of the RS3 for permission. ><) And if I can't, then I just delete them from the route. No big deal. It's more of for my entertainment when building the route right now. I actually don't see me finishing the route for a WHILE anyway.

Don't worry, I'm not going to cheat anyone out of their work.

Why not put a bit of invisible track down and place the items on it?

Cheerio John

I'll try that. I just hope that I can hide the bogies.
this is the pics that Im going from.

wreck1.jpg
wreck2-1.jpg

I used CMP to clone 50ft Boxcar Clinchfield 7212,<kuid:56063:190102> then deleted the 50ft Boxcar Clinchfield 7212_art and 50ft Boxcar Clinchfield 7212_shadow folders.
Then copy the contents of 50ft Boxcar Clinchfield 7212_body folder to the main folder, 50ft Boxcar Clinchfield 7212.
Then deleted the empty body folder and also deleted the rogerlittlethanks.txt file.
Then edited the config.txt file to this:

kind "scenery"
mesh-table {
default {
mesh "50ft Boxcar Clinchfield 7212_body.pm"
auto-create 1
}
}
light 0
rotate-yz-range -90,90
description " "
trainz-build 2.5
category-class "FS"
category-region-0 "USA"
category-era-0 1950
username "Boxcar Wrecked"
kuid <kuid:47907:1108>

Notes: The clone operation assigned the next kuid number in my series.
The rotate-yz-range allows you to tilt as well as rotate the object so it looks like a derailed wreck.

Now saved and commited. Went to Trainz Surveyor and found Boxcar Wrecked in the Objects and placed it ok. Its normal position is to float above the 0 ground level for the missing bogies. You can correct this to with the Objects Height tool. Select the rotate tool and use LMB to rotate and shift+LMB to tilt.

Bob

Wreck.jpg

Last edited:
Back