content manager wont work

marygfaile

hi, so what is happening is i got a new computer and it is a windows vista. okayt and the first thing i did after i got it setup and everything. i loaded trainz 2006 which i got as a gift abut 4 years ago.
so when i loaded it the first thing that i did whas i went to content manager. and when i did it says " unable to register Trainz URL registery key".
so i unistalled it and then yesterday i bought the game from target and it says compatable with vista. and when i loaded it it worked fine and then the next today i went to use the content manager and it gave me the url message again. so i uninstalled it again and reinstalled it and it still didnt work.:(
so can someone be of asstiance.:'(
Nicholasdfaile

You have all the programs - *. exe files as administrator released in the Harddisk:\TS2009\bin Directory.

Please make your writing a little more clear and I may be able to help, but this jumble of words in confusing to me.;)

Thanks,
Woody

Well,
You need to space properly and use paragraphs, thus providing a better reading experience for us.
If you have TRS2006 make sure your Planet Auran profile is saved in your CMP.

Another thing you need to make sure of is that you are installing and running the game in Administrator mode.

Robby :wave:

the first thing that i did whas i went to content manager
The first thing you need to do is check that the DLS is online. I don't have vista so i can't help with that, but i get the same message everytime the DLS go's down. I do know you dont have to reinstall the game (or buy a new copy) everytime cmp locks up. just try a little patience. CMP does not like to do to many things at once

Click on Download station. Top of this page. If it is & you still can't register then it must be a vista prob. Also have you just tried running the game ? Go to launch screen & click start.

Back