coming soon - cresent mtn division

leeferr

thanks for the memories
I've been working on a new route. It's primarily coal hauling with a couple of narrow gauge branch lines for logging and iron ore. The main line is 25 miles long with a 7 mile branch to coaling tipples. It's nearing completion and here are a few screenshots. The first two are maps of the route.

MAP1(1).jpg

MAP2(1).jpg

CM34.jpg

Entering Hickerson

CM30.jpg

On the way to Preston logging

CM29.jpg

Entering Graystone / Blackthorne tipples

CM27.jpg

Pearce tipple

CM23.jpg

Entering grade up cresent mountain

CM16.jpg

View of cresent mountain

CM9.jpg

Meeting at Clearview

CM11.jpg

View of valley below Clearview toward Blackwater logging

Not much interest yet, but here's a few more shots.

CM5.jpg

Working downgrade toward Blackwater logging

CM12.jpg

Blackwater logging

CM13.jpg

Grear tipple

CM24.jpg

Spring Creek tipple

CM26.jpg

working up the cresent mountain grade

Very nice! I'll have to stock up on L&N content for this route. Just one question, where'd that Cresent Mtn sign come from and is it renameable?

Very nice! I'll have to stock up on L&N content for this route. Just one question, where'd that Cresent Mtn sign come from and is it renameable?

It's built from a set of letters that I developed. Each letter is a separate piece of content and therefore placeable to spell anything thay you want.
Look on the DLS under my kuid 262137 for all of the letters / numbers. I thought I'd use this route to show what could be done with them. You'll also notice that I did the sign at the marina the same way.
Thanks for the interest.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been doing some fine tuning and it's about ready for upload. It should be ready to go about the time that Auran's back from the holidays.
Here's a few more shots and Merry Christmas.
Mike

CM6.jpg

Franklin Ore Tipple with open pit ore mine in background

CM32.jpg

crossing the Horse Canyon River

CM19.jpg

Crossing the Green River

CM1.jpg

Entering Preston logging

It's built from a set of letters that I developed. Each letter is a separate piece of content and therefore placeable to spell anything thay you want.
Look on the DLS under my kuid 262137 for all of the letters / numbers. I thought I'd use this route to show what could be done with them. You'll also notice that I did the sign at the marina the same way.
Thanks for the interest.
Thank You
And Merry Christmas to you too.

Wow, Amazing Route!
That is definatly on my endless list for downloading when available.
Where can I get some good L&N rolling stock and loco's?

That layout would look even more stunning in Autumn, WOW WOW WOW.

______
Cheers,
George.

;)

I believe all of my L&N rolling stock came from the DLS. It should be uploaded in the next day or two, but I don't expect it to show up until Auran comes back from the holidays. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Mike

route and session uploaded

I guess virtual routes are like model railroads...they're never really finished. Nevertheless, I just finished uploading the route and a basic session.
The route will be shown as the 'AC - Cresent Mtn Div'
and the session will be 'Graystone tipple run'
Not sure when they'll show up since Auran's on holiday.
Now it's time to get on to something else:wave:
Mike

Mike
I've downloaded your route and session, (Graystone tipple run) but the session doesn't appear in T6 and KUID 262137:101412 is shown as unknown and not on the DLS. Would this be the reason?

Terry

For some reason that I'm still trying to figure out, the route uploaded as kuid 262137:101409. If you will change the map reference in the session config to 101409 instead of 101412, it should work fine. Sorry about the confusion, but as I said, I'm still trying to figure out why the route uploaded as 101409 as I don't have such a KUID in my machine.

Back