CMP And Other Problems

davcataa

Okay here we go..I just purchased Trainz 2006 today and installed it. I fired it up tested it out and it seemed to run ok. Due to my many years of gaming I then got online to check if there were any updates, fixes, patches, etc. I also went ahead and setup an account on auran.com and registered my serial number. I then saw a link to downloads but all that did was take to a shopping cart page. I then saw the ftp link, accessed the ftp and downloaded the service pack. I installed the service pack and from that point on the game started acting very strangely. The first senario or session as you call it that I tried was to drive an Amtrak train. When the session loaded I was dumped into the middle of an open field with no train in sight in any direction. Well needless to say I never found any train and aborted the session. After that any other seesion that I loaded just took me to a light blue screen. Yup thats all there is just a solid light blue screen nothing else. Now when I load a session I get the light blue screen with a dialog box that has what looks like some kind of debug errors stating errors something like "Undefined call to xxxxxx". I then got back online and read something about the content manager. I opened CMP and went into the settings and entered my user name and password but it keeps saying that it cannot find an account or profile and I need to register my serial number WHICH I ALREADY HAVE DONE!!! Also while in my profile online I activated my FCT. But when I go into CMP it says "Querying First Class Ticket Status" and just sits there and never says yey or ney. I am assuming that it cannot verify my FCT because it cannot login to the account that I have no problem logging into online. Boy..this sure is one retarded game..no wonder it was on sale! My system is a P4 core duo 3.4ghz, 2gb DDR2, 1 250gb WD sata2, 1 200gb Samsung sata2 both running in AHCI mode, Geforce 7600GT PCI-E with 256mb, Asus P5B Deluxe motherboard all in an Antec nine hundred gamer case with an Antec 650 watt Trio True Power PSU. I don't think the system is lacking in anything as far as this game is concerned but if anyone knows of any specific compatibility issues with any of my hardware please let me know. I am going to completely uninstall and reinstall the game but I don't think it's going to help. I would just toss the game except my son is a train fanatic and it will just crush him if I can't get it to work:(. Any help is definitly appreciated.

I don't know about the USA version, but with the UK version you must install SP1 before running Trainz. I think you need to uninstall and start again.

CMP ? Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

pixel

have just got into trainz but am also having problems with the programme crashing.
version is trs 2006 ver 2.5 build 2773.
would sp1 work on this version.
my graphics card is set to dual screen. could this effect performance.
thanks

have just got into trainz but am also having problems with the programme crashing.
version is trs 2006 ver 2.5 build 2773.
would sp1 work on this version.
my graphics card is set to dual screen. could this effect performance.
thanks

You need to make sure you use the correct SP1. For you that will be on the Just Trains website www.justtrains.net

It should be OK with dual screens.

Mike.

Thanks for the info everyone. As far as having to install sp1 in order to run trains it was after sp1 that all the problems occured :D. But I'll give it another try. Geez..what a father will put up with for his son ;).

Thanks for the info everyone. As far as having to install sp1 in order to run trains it was after sp1 that all the problems occured :D. But I'll give it another try. Geez..what a father will put up with for his son ;).
You don't have to install SP1, but if you do you have it do it right.

Paul

Thanks again everybody for all your input. I went ahead and did as the instructions said and uninstalled, then reinstalled and then imediately ran the service pack and what do ya know? It works! It's too bad there's no wayto let people know right away that they need to do it this way cause it's a bit time consuming having to reload 5 cd's. Oh well it's working good and it looks like it's working better then it did before running the service pack, which I know thats suppose to be what the service packs are suppose to do but in my experience it's always a crap shoot wether these "Fixes" will accually fix anything(lots of times they do more harm then good). Once again thank you all for your help and your super quick responses to my problem:) .

It's too bad there's no wayto let people know right away that they need to do it this way cause it's a bit time consuming having to reload 5 cd's.

I ordered the service pack disc when I ordered my copy of TRS2006, and the instructions in the rail-sim.co.uk site are identical to what came on the disc, right down to the warning about copying the SP installer to your HD before running. Of course, my copy of TRS2006 came on DVD, so I get to skip all that disc swapping.

cheers,
Craig.

I bought mine at Circuit City(big electronics store for those not in the US). I went there for a case fan and as I was headed to the checkout the box caught my eye and I instantly thought of my son who is Thomas The Tank Engine's #1 fan(has just about every die cast made) and just loves all trains now due to that cool little blue engine. Guess thats what I get for buying it at a discount electronics store :D.

Back