Clean Up in Aisle 32.

SantaFebuff

That's So Trainz Forum
32? Yes, 32. Windows 32.

Cyber Security, the famous Malware/Spyware nuisance, has infected my computer. It already has pulled out all the stunts to trick us. Fake reports, scan, and a fake crashing screen that's really a screen saver that you can't interupt. Scary. I am trying to take active steps to get this d**n thing off of me. If I could find the person who started this program, I would punch them in the mouth. Lucky, we have Windows Vista. Why so lucky? Cyber Security uses pre-made fames for XP. So you have an XP blue frame when everything else is the Vista Aero scheme with gloss and black. What give aways. Had I had XP, I wouldn't have noticed the difference, but since I don't, I did. Idoits.

Anyone out there want to collaborate? Perhaps share ideas to help, or just discuss about this situation or maybe run-ins with CS.

Cheers,
Joshua

<Edited>
I had it a week ago. Just do a "System Restore" to a point previous to infection. My feelings the same about the author, followed closely by the myraid of removal tools with false (well, questionable) advertising to get rid of it. Drove me nuts for half a day till I thought of SR.
<edited/>

Sorry, I had similar symtoms but the disease was by a different name, "Alpha Antivirus". I finally found a website (which many attempts to do were blocked) that listed where the infection stored its files (folders and registry). After searching and deleting, I still had it. I THEN did the "SR". Apologies for leaping before looking.

Last edited:
Check out the spyware removal section on PC-Pitstop. www.pc-pitstop.com I had good results working with a very nice young lady up on the forums. She helped me with a major intrusion I was asked to repair.

I recommend backing up your data and getting out the virtual firehose. It's a lot easier than trying to extract a bug like this.

I too would love to find this group of miscretants and do them justice. The problem is they're somewhere in Eastern Europe, and are probably being paid
well by the Russian mob.

Good luck.

John

Back