Can't get TRAINZ 2009 to work

sssfox

I bought WBE in November 2008 and have never been able to get it to run. When I try, I get this error:

Class:Hardware
Reason:Access Violation
Version:Jet vRRRRR.RR Build 1234.5.QQQQQ

Exception @ 6CE26324 in C:\WINDOWS\system32\DINPUT8.dll

Recoverable exception: YES

I have no idea what that means.

I have run it in DirectX mode as well as OpenGL mode and get the exact same error.

When I run the TRAINZ diagnostic program, it doesn't give me any errors, everything shows green check marks.

I have a Dell XPS with a CoreDuo Quad processor and Windows XP.

The machine has two NVidia 7900 video cards.

I also have TRAINZ Classic installed and it runs with no problems.

I would download the file and try again, but I can't figure out how to do that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve Fox

Hi Steve,
Have you loaded SP1 onto TS2009, this one you have to install manually, but after that the rest will install automatically just make sure you have ticked the box in options, but do this after you have loaded SP1 first.

Thanks for the help Jonathan.

The short answer is yes.

I had installed SP1 a while ago and then installed SP2 last week.

I just uninstalled the entire program, reinstalled the original program and got the same error message I listed in my original post. I then reinstalled SP1 and now I get a much smaller error message, something about Jet 1.6 and the inability to write to a memory location in Trainz.exe. Again, it doesn't matter whether it is in OpenGl or DirectX.

The last time I installed SP2, it took over an hour and a half. I haven't done that yet, this time.

Hi Steve,
Di you save the email Auran sent you with the pass key in?
this should have the address for the download.:)

I tried the links, but they are no longer valid.

The size of the file listed in the email is the same size as the one I have, so it is probably complete.

Thanks, Jonathan, that site was very helpful in a tangent sort of way. It talked about problems with IR USB interfaces causing problems.

I have a weather station with a PC USB interface. When I disconnected that cable, it started working.

I don't have a clue why that would cause problems, but I can't argue with success.

Now, I have to figure out how to fix a corrupted data base. For some reason, I can't log in to my Auran download station account, but I'll eventually get it figured out.

Thanks again.

Hope your chugging along nicely soon:D
I did wonder if you had an IR divice conected, I'm glad it helped.:wave:

It isn't an IR device. It is just a console that has an RF receiver to get signals from a wind/rain/temperature/humidity remote sensor. It's not ever remote control. It is remote sensing. I'm guessing it is poor software causing the problem.

The website just made me think about USB devices.

Steve,

Repairing your database is easy. With TS2009, you do this through CM. (Content Manager).

Once CM has started, go to the File menu and choose Extended Database repair.

Let it do its thing, which can take awhile to complete if you have a lot of content. Don't plan on touching your computer while this runs. I usually take a nap, or practice the piano while this operation is processing on my computer.

Once the repair is complete you should be all set, and your program should operate properly.

OT: Regarding weather... I'm a severe storm chaser currently suffering from SCWS. Winters are a tough time on us chasers, and I find myself looking at old pictures and videos of previous years' chases. :)

John

You could see if there are newer drivers for that weather base station. Driver conflicts with programs (especially games) are a relatively common issue, though usually the cause is video card or sound card drivers.

Back