Cannot delete item

rhban

Can%27t-delete.jpg
The strange track crossing over the station was originally another station. I discovered too late that this was in the prohibited below 3500 quid set and it suddenly disappeared leaving only track behind. The problem is that I don't seem to be able to delete this piece of track. I can select it, and using the filter section, the only way the game recognises it at all is as a piece of track exactly the same as the rest of my track EXCEPT that it won't delete it. I press my delete button and nothing happens; I press T and delete and nothing happens. It just won't go away.

There is a trick that works with invisible items that won't go away. It has worked in all version of Trainz but I have not tried this in TRS22.

1. identify the item by its kuid code
2. in CM locate and select the item
3. disable it from the Content Menu (select "Disable")
4. load the route into Surveyor - the item will now be classified as "missing" and may, depending on your settings, appear as an orange cube.
5. from the Tool Menu select "Delete Missing Assets".
6. Save the route

If you think that you will need the asset in the future, repeat steps 1,2 and 3 but in step 3 select Enable.

Select a blank area of your baseboard and copy it.

Paste the blank area over the station tracks and that should remove the station tracks from your route. You may have to paste this on the ends and not the middle. This is an old, ongoing problem we've had since the early days. The workaround mentioned works.

Thanks. I think I'll have to try John's method as I don't know whether the kuid would refer to the station that no longer exists in my file or the track which looks like any other track. Unfortunate, that I will also be deleting the other station underneath, but that's easy enough to replace.

Great! The copy/delete method worked, though I had to do it several times. To start with, it got rid of everything except what I wanted to delete, but when that was the only thing left, it reluctantly did what I wanted. I have now completely rebuilt my two-level station, hopefully using parts that will remain with the game for a while. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Back