Camaras and maps

cbntmn

I dont understand the camaras. The instruction book talks about setting them up, i see them on routes when im in surveyor, and i would imagine there is a way i can get a camara view instead of searching all over the place to see something. How does it work?

Also is there a way to print out the map from a route?

Thanks

To adress question 1:

In Surveyor, open the tab with the wrench/spanner/whateveryoucallitwhereyouare. There should be three buttons in a row, each with a camera on it. The first button is "add camera" . Choose where you want to place a camera, choose the type (static or tracking--the default is static) from the box just below these buttons, and click the left mouse button. You should now have some green angles in the corners of your screen and a little flashing green light next to the words "camera view" (or something to that effect). Once you place the camera, Surveyour automatically switches to "move camera", the middle button. Use the right mouse button to position the center of the camera, adjust the angle using the arrow keys, and zoom using the scroll wheel or page up/down. When you have the camera how you want it, select "add camera" again and your camera will remain fixed. If you don't like it's position, "move camera", or use the last button, "delete camera" to delete it (just click on it with the left mouse button). Red cameras are stationary and green are tracking. The red and green cones show the viewing area, but if a train gets within a ceratin radius (not sure what radius) of a tracking camera, that camera will swing around and follow the train.

To adress choice 2: no idea, sorry.:(

Hope that helps (at least the first bit, anyway).

Thanks for the input. I can grasp that and thats kinda what it says in the book. But what the heck do they do?

Can I push a button somewhere and have it show me the camara view? Like at a coal station to see the status of my coal train being loaded? Or a passanger station to see if amtrack is on time? I would think that what it is for since i cant see the camaras in Driver but the book doesnt say what they do, just how to set em up.

you set them up in surveyor but they are used in driver. they allow you to get a view of you train as if you are a bystander (or tower controler, station master, etc)

peter

There's an option in the control panel in driver that allows you to change the view point between cab, following, camera or free roaming. Play with them and see what they do.
To check on your coal train, click on the driver in the lower left corner to make the list of drivers open, select the train you want to see, and check in on it, then select the train you want to ride with to go back to it.

:cool: Claude

you set them up in surveyor but they are used in driver. they allow you to get a view of you train as if you are a bystander (or tower controler, station master, etc)

peter

How do you use them in driver? I understand the view buttons of in cab, out of cab, freeform, etc. But how do you use these specific camaras that are set up in surveyor?

the third camera option selects them. as you drive with in a certian range of one it becomes active and you 'jump' to it.

peter

Ok, so i was way off base here.

i was thinking how nice it would be to have a split window. A camara to show that my coal train was loading. i could hit a button and a small window would come up showing my train and its progress instead of having to switch to that train. I was hoping thats what the camaras were for.

Funny part is when i hit that third button there are continual views of my train going down the track. I know the original person building the route did not put that many camaras out. I guess they are just for a "specific" view the builder might be looking for instead of the default views that com with just hitting the button.

printing maps

There is a third party program called Trainzmap ( google it ) But I,m not sure if it works with TRS versions higher than '04.

Funny part is when i hit that third button there are continual views of my train going down the track. I know the original person building the route did not put that many camaras out. I guess they are just for a "specific" view the builder might be looking for instead of the default views that com with just hitting the button.

Select the desired camera view quickly by hitting 1,2 or 3 on the keyboard.

1 - selects cab view.

2 - selects external view, a sort of 'chase' camera. Change the viewpoint using the cursor keys.

3 - selects 'tracking' view. These are the green (or red) cameras you see in Surveyor. How they are used depends on how they were placed by the route builder. If camera cover is continuous - lots of cameras - the '3' view will be a constantly changing series of trackside views. Many route builders though place cameras only at 'special' viewpoints. The tracking range of these cameras is only a short distance, so where there are no cameras covering part of a route the view switches automatically back to the same view as selecting the '2' view.

Hope that clarifies things...

Andy :)

Select the desired camera view quickly by hitting 1,2 or 3 on the keyboard.

1 - selects cab view.

2 - selects external view, a sort of 'chase' camera. Change the viewpoint using the cursor keys.

3 - selects 'tracking' view. These are the green (or red) cameras you see in Surveyor. How they are used depends on how they were placed by the route builder. If camera cover is continuous - lots of cameras - the '3' view will be a constantly changing series of trackside views. Many route builders though place cameras only at 'special' viewpoints. The tracking range of these cameras is only a short distance, so where there are no cameras covering part of a route the view switches automatically back to the same view as selecting the '2' view.

Hope that clarifies things...

Andy,

Yes it does. Makes sense now.

Thanks

Mark

To avoid any confusion, I copy and pasted this for the NON-SP1 TRS2006 users out there in Trainz land, from the Vistamare website.

I Quote "

Note: TrainzMap will not work with TRS2006 without SP1. SP1 is required to properly access TRS2006 asset data base. "

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

What confused me for a long time with cameras was that the second view button, the external or chase button, has a picture of a camera on it! I can be dumb sometimes, but I thought it would be a good bet that the button with the camera on it would be the camera view!

I just thought it was something totally different.

Would be nice to have a picture in a picture set up where you could have a camara set up at like a passenger station for instance. if you want to make sure your train is getting somewhere by a certain time or picking up and dropping correctly you could place a camara and view it in a small PIP.

That would be input for another version though.

That would be input for another version though.

I doubt that PIP will ever happen. It's hard enough to get decent frame-rates - processing the data for two pictures would bring most comps to a standstill...

Back