Calling Bendorsey!

AMTRAKwannabe

Norfolk & Western Lives
ATTENTION!

I am making a route from Moyock, NC, through Norfolk, VA, and out at Suffolk, VA. I already have your N&W_Bridge_5 and 5a but I need the vertical lift bridges and Gilmerton Bridges, along with the Jordan Bridge, along with several other rail bridges and maybe some road bridges. If you are interested please reply, if you want I can pay for a commission (through PayPal though) and I will supply as much info as I can. If you would like to see some basic pictures search 'Gilmerton Bridge' 'NPBL Bridges' 'Beltline Bridge Norfolk, VA' and Norfolk VA Bridges'

Thanks in advance,
AMTRAKwannabe

What kept you from just sending him a PM?
They kinda invested that system for 1-on-1 things and out of past experience I know Ben reads them and responds to them.

Could you post some photo links to these bridges ... I would be willing to bet that there are already bridges like these, on the DLS

I did not PM him because PM's have limits on the inbox, post's don't...

asset_upload_file338_44966.jpg

pictures%5C7316%5CNPBL%20Bridge.JPG

va80.jpg

This one a little farther out but I will need it for the route:
images

Hi AMTRAKwannabe:

All it takes is photos and basic dimensions:

Photos preferably from as close to the side as possible of the overall bridge, individual spans, ends, piers, and deck.

Overall length, length of the individual spans, height, height above the water, width, is it auto or RR, number of track or lanes, open or closed deck, etc..

I also like to have a little historical info such as when built, where located, what river it crosses, and so on but its not absolutely necessary.

One bridge at a time please.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll PM you mine and you scan send the info via e-mail.

Ben

Well, if you need closeups I'm going to have to go out this weekend and get them, didn't get close ups... Also, bridge truss heights are standard, above water I'll have to get, I know a guy who is with the Bridge Community around here, he probably knows, he works on the base and is an ambassador to the Jordan and Gilmerton Bridge Projects. He knows just about everything related to the bridges, I'll have to ask him, however I think there's about 100ft of clearance water to bridge deck.

Also, for a feel of the area any thing including and below 'Little Creek' is part of the route I'm making. Follow this link: http://www.carrtracks.com/virginia.htm

Last edited:
OK - no rush besides - if I'm going to make it - you can do the research, lol.

On a more serious note - I realize sometimes the info always available for one reason or another. Do the best you can and send the info on whichever you want first. When I send you the completed bridge you can the info on the next one.

Ben

Back