Cab Mode Broken?

Has anybody else been experiencing issues with CAB mode while driving trains? My issue is that when I try to get a train moving in CAB mode, I immediately get a wheelslip warning when I push the throttle from Neutral to Notch 1. On light power (no rolling stock in tow) nonetheless. However, when in DCC mode, the train runs perfectly fine.

I've been using CAB mode forever, and as stubborn as this sounds, I refuse to go back to DCC mode since it doesn't nearly have that "realism" that CAB mode grants (I am a former railroader).

I seemed to be working for me today - have you tried multiple Engines/routes?
Does it happen if you use the GUI instead of the keyboard?

Please don't ask the same question multiple times...

I answered your previous question on the same subject, but for the convenience of others I will paraphrase it again.

I have had no issues with this with this Build. I drive both DCC (electric and trams/trolleys) and CAB-mode for diesels on the same route I have built. Now I do use the keyboard for this and not the mouse, which I've always had issues with going back to TRS2004. The keyboard is quicker responding anyway than faffing around with the mouse pointer while trying to get it in the right spot as well as coordinating the movements while and impending stop is approaching!

With that said, since neither of us here are experiencing this problem, is this asset (engine) specific?

I'm not saying here the issue doesn't exist because I have run into this in the past with some older assets. Please provide the KUID numbers and the names of the locomotives so we can test ourselves. The issue could be due to a very old engine-spec, or one that was modified incorrectly.

Please don't ask the same question multiple times...

I answered your previous question on the same subject, but for the convenience of others I will paraphrase it again.

I have had no issues with this with this Build. I drive both DCC (electric and trams/trolleys) and CAB-mode for diesels on the same route I have built. Now I do use the keyboard for this and not the mouse, which I've always had issues with going back to TRS2004. The keyboard is quicker responding anyway than faffing around with the mouse pointer while trying to get it in the right spot as well as coordinating the movements while and impending stop is approaching!

With that said, since neither of us here are experiencing this problem, is this asset (engine) specific?

I'm not saying here the issue doesn't exist because I have run into this in the past with some older assets. Please provide the KUID numbers and the names of the locomotives so we can test ourselves. The issue could be due to a very old engine-spec, or one that was modified incorrectly.

Mouse and keyboard controls result in the same wheelslip issue. I doubt it's a content-specific issue, since it's literally every locomotive that encounters wheelslip at throttle. I tried other routes, as suggested by fruhj, and they all run fine. Now I am really concerned that it's this one particular route (which is one of my own self-built ones) that I somehow broke.

Side note: how do I delete posts/replies?

SOLVED IT! (kind of)

So I somehow did something to the route that basically made it unplayable. However, I was able to load up a previous session, save it as another route, and now CAB mode works again. I'll probably never know what the heck I did, but at least I didn't break the game entirely. :)

I'm glad you solved it.

There is one issue with the SP3 that I forgot to mention. It appears the brakes are stuck and in order to get moving from a stop, you need to press the D-key multiple times to release the brakes. This maybe part of your problem. This bug was fixed in the upcoming SP4 that we're testing now as far as I know.

To have a post deleted, contact the helpdesk. You can do that by going to the post you want deleted then clicking on the report this post icon - the triangle with the "!" inside. This will bring up a comment box where you can report what you want done by notifying the moderators. The alternative is to post a message on the Helpdesk using the link either at the top of the forums, or below the reply buttons - that button reads "Customer Support".

Back