bridge refuses to be deleted, help!

nightlifejnr

I have a single track bridge & a stretch of track that I cannot delete, move, adjust height or anything. Both the bridge & track are single spline length long, are close to each other but are not connected, no rolling stock are on them. I can add to the ends of both the track & bridge, so it recognises the items still exist, I can also delete these extensions to them. Have also tried deleting the section of baseboard, but even after removal the piece of track & bridge remain in the middle of nowhere. I could just bury them under a mound of earth but they are in the way & could do with sucessfully deleting them. Any ideas anyone?

Deleteing Bridge

Hi nightlifejnr,

First of all open trianzoptions.txt in notepad, add the line -showkuids=1 about the middle of the file, save and close. Then open your map in Trainz, locate the offending items, right click on the item and the kuid number should be displayed at bottom right of screen. Take note of the kuid number, close trainz and open Trainzobjectz if you have it. Then click on the maps box at the bottom of TO. Right click on your map, only once, and open the config.txt file from the button at top of the screen. Fing the kuid in the config file, it will be in the kuid table section, and delete it, then if it is a named object find the name of the object in the string table section and delete it there also. This will work with the bridge but be carefull with the rail. If the rail is the same as all your other rail on the layout it will delete all the rail on the map

Hope this helps,
Bill69

Last edited:
Thanks for that info, it seems like its not a straightforward error to correct. The rail is the same as all the others so it will have to stay, the bridge is also the same as many others so will all similar bridges be affected? I don't think there would be any other workaround (copy, paste merge layout type) as the bridge & track would just follow it around.

Deleting

Hi nightlifjnr,

Thanks for that info, it seems like its not a straightforward error to correct. The rail is the same as all the others so it will have to stay, the bridge is also the same as many others so will all similar bridges be affected? I don't think there would be any other workaround (copy, paste merge layout type) as the bridge & track would just follow it around.

Yes I am affraid all bridges that have the same kuid number will be deleted using that method. I am afraid that is the only way I know to delete things with your problem. Someone else may have another method.

Cheers,
Bill69

You could always put up construction barriers and barbed wire or bury it in a forest and reroute tracks elsewhere if all else fails :D

Hi nightlifejnr

There is another approach similar to what Bill69 suggested if you are running TRS2004 and have TrainzObjectz.

1. Open TrainzObjectz
2. Click on Maps using the tab at top of screen
3. Select your Route using drop-down menu.
4. Find the track kuid that is giving you the problem.
5. Right click on the track.
6. Select "Replace object" in the screen that opens and left click
7. Select new track from "custom" or "built-in" menus
8. Press F7
9. All track with the original kuid will be replaced with the new kuid. You can always repeat this step to go back to original kuid.
10. Open Trainz and see if offending track has been replaced. If so, try deleting the section that you don't want. If this works, repeat steps 1-8 to go back to original track.

Good luck

Earl

I had this problem with a particular length of track. I managed to insert spline points on it and delete it bit by bit.

Dave

WORKS FOR OTHER SCENERY ITEMS TOO?

I FIND TREE GROUPS APPEARING OUT OF NOWHERE IN MID-AIR THAT I CAN'T GET RID OF...
I WONDER IF THIS IS THE ANSWER...

Using TrainzObjectz, you could move the offending object to archive and also delete dispatcher.chump (not necessary to close TO at this stage).

Then, start Trainz, load the layout and delete missing assets. Close Trainz, go to TO and move the offending object out of your archives. This should remove the offending object from the layout in question.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions. In the end I went for the easiest option & managed to use the bridge & I just buried the track under a long hill.
However, about 10 saves later, during Driver I noticed a loco on a stretch of track it shouldn't have been. On checking the route the problem bridge & length of track had dissapeared. So the answer this time was to just leave it & wait, eventually Trainz will realise its wrong & get rid of the items. Hope this will be of help to others experiencing similar problems. Its not a fatal error but very annoying to have to work around.

Back