Bridge Number Plates

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any bridge number plates (or similar assets) such as the one below?

tpMo9jr.jpg

This is of the type used by the LSWR and could be seen throughout its network. There is a bridge number plate on the DLS by russellwhite2007 but it's the wrong shape and colour and it has a transparent back.

I attempted to make my own (in SketchUp as I can't use Blender) but SketchUp is notoriously high in polys and it didn't look the part.

Cheers,

PLP

I've used russellwhite2007's bridge plate asset as a basis for making just about any kind of plate I want within reason as it's mesh that can be cleaned off and your own artwork applied, but the downside is that it has to be attached to a solid object since it's only opaque on one side.
I had a go at making nameboards and the like in Sketchup 8 and they turned out looking good, but the poly count was absolutely awful so I didn't use them. I can't use Blender either and with care Sketchup 8 can be used to make simple objects, but numberplates and nameboards are a definite no-no.

I was more looking for a renameable asset that I can just change the number on.

Cheers,

PLP

Then why not try the range of "DDD Sign" available on the DLS. They are re-nameable.
<kuid2:275817:23151:1> DDD Sign 02
<kuid2:275817:23153:1> DDD Sign 04
<kuid2:275817:23157:1> DDD Sign 08
Here's a clip.
Capturesign.jpg

Cheers, Roy

Thanks Roy, but they aren't really the right size or style I'm looking for.

I'll check them out anyway though.

Cheers,

PLP
They are available in different sizes; and if they are placed on black billboard size wall splines, they are easily read. I use them on subway station walls.
Cheers,
Roy

Hiya PLP
made you a simple sign in gmax, 12 poly, 1 texture
can be used from TRS2004 till TRS2025
bgn240.jpg

name is "BridgeNRgreen" when placing its at 1 m hight
press ? (properties) to name it (max 3 char)
go try it, and enjoy GM

Download: BridgeNRgreen

Hiya PLP
bgn240.jpg

go try it, and enjoy GM

Well done! Very handy.

Cheers, Roy

Hiya PLP
bgn240.jpg

go try it, and enjoy GM

That was very kind of you, - well done!

KUID:86627:100501 Basic Bridge plate 45A is now available on the DLS. You'll need to reskin it to change the numbers and letters, you may upload the reskins to the DLS.

Cheerio John

Back