BR/LNER

gooner28

UK railfan
I was wondering if there are any britannia locos out there that I could download. Even a whistle or parts (cab, boilerand whatnot) will do, because I am trying to make a Britannia loco with Blender. It will be my second engine (I have now made an imaginary tank engine), so it shouldn't be extremely difficult. I was also wondering if there are any powerful LNER/BR engines - freeware preferably - that I can get?
Al the best,
Chris

because I am trying to make a Britannia loco with Blender. It will be my second engine (I have now made an imaginary tank engine), so it shouldn't be extremely difficult.
I think you are wrong about it not being extremely difficult - you couldn't pick anything that is British outline and harder to do. I really would pick something else.

Paul

Paul Hobbs made a BR Britannia loco & Tender. it is available on the DLS but is shown as obsolete.
KUID2:44090:15037:40 BR Britannia Loco (Late condition) & KUID2:44090:15037:41
Try these and ask Mr Hobbs for permission to re-use them.
Good luck
Helian43

Hi

That's because it is payware and not on the DLS. It comes as part of the Skipton to Carlisle add on.

Regards

Brian

Gooner,

What 3D modelling software are you using e.g. Blender, GMax, 3DsMax or (dare I say it) Sketchup ?

Chris (M)

Check out this link:

http://www.44090digitalmodels.co.uk/bitsbox/index.html

For some Blender files for parts. If you use them don't forget to credit the author, Paul Hobbs.

(There is a Blender tutorial for a loco on Paul's site but it's using Blender 2.49 which is an older and very different version and you will almost certainly have difficulty following it.)

I would echo the advice about doing something simpler, I'd look for a side tank loco with inside cylinders and a generally simple design. Good texturing makes a big difference so consider a loco that's in preservation and you can get good colour photos for.

Good luck !

Chris

Last edited:
Back