Bathurst NSW Aussieland

NSWGR_46Class

Just call my Captain Rude
Bearcat is hoping to be in Bathurst Tuesday-Wednesay-Thursday next week any trainzers want to meet up for coffee,

Hi Dave, I might be able to make it, depending on time and work comittments. I'll get back to you by the end of the week.

BTW, are you running 2006 (SP1), or 2004 ? If 2006 I will bring a CD.

Phil (The Weddin Bringer)

Hi Dave, I might be able to make it, depending on time and work comittments. I'll get back to you by the end of the week.

BTW, are you running 2006 (SP1), or 2004 ? If 2006 I will bring a CD.

Phil (The Weddin Bringer)

Still running 2004 sp2 and 2006 sp1 - :)

No set times for anying so pretty flexiable over the 3 days, Getting advice on trains time table for faning and know of one other trainzer in Bathurst and have sent e-mail but no reply as yet -

Last edited:
sort off got a better rough plan = Tueday - travel to bathurst via oberon arrive lunch - mid afternoon
Wednesday doing the tourist thing
Thursday visit with uncle- have to be in Cowra mid afternoon

this help anybody

Tuesday is only day which I could make it. Can knock off about 1.00 and meet in Bathurst at 2.30. Does that suit ?

Sounds good planing to depart the city Tuesday morning and be in Bathurst around 1 ish pm , want to meet at the goldern arches . Going via Oberon just cause I can

OK, I'll meet you there at about 2.30 Tuesday. I don't know my way around Bathurst, but assume it can't be too hard to find (probably be signs telling me how minutes away I am all the way from Lithgow)

Anyone else able to join us ?

If you drive on the main road from Lithgow and into Bathurst and do not turn off its on your right hand side close to the heart of the city - best land mark that is easy to find that I could think off.

There are regular wheaties heading to Sydney from Manildra, might see some action down at EDI Bathurst...

Umm...Central West Express XPT and the Brokenhill Explorer;)

EDIT: btw I hope you enjoy the day
________
Lincoln Mark LT

Last edited:
There are regular wheaties heading to Sydney from Manildra, might see some action down at EDI Bathurst...

Umm...Central West Express XPT and the Brokenhill Explorer;)

EDIT: btw I hope you enjoy the day

Speaking of Manildra, I spent some time in Nowra a few years back at the Manildra Mill. ARG had regular workings with an ex WAGR L Class and a CLP, or one occasion a triple 422 consist with the inbound load of 15 (odd) MGFH Hoppers.

While I was waiting for the Xplorer to take me into Sydney one morning I had the pleasure of watching an 81 Class shunting the empty hoppers on to the back of a container train. Quite an exciting site to see 3000hp doing the light-work. :D

Another exciting place to hang out in was on the other side of Kangaroo Valley around Robinson and Mittagong. There's plenty of cement trains working around there, and the XPT passes through there too... about 45 minutes behind schedule. Haha

Last edited:
Back