Bad News and Good news

klambert

Ca Plane Pour Moi
To Bstyles and anyone else who is interested in this branch Im afriad I have some bad news and good news. The bad news is that my copy TRS06 devoloped a crack which got bigger and bigger so I had to buy another TRS06 so installing the latest one deleted Hamblin Branch and I have decided not to make it again. The good news is I might be creating a new branch line which handles gneral goods and the like or what the somerset and dorset joint railway would look like in the 1970s if it had been saved from the ravages of Beeching. Can someone help me choose.
Pleeeeeeeese. Yours klambert:( :)

Do you know what the real bad news is?

You could have saved your route by simply making a copy of or moving the "Local" folder of your Trainz installation to a safe place and moving it back after you re-installed TRS06

I am also not sure why you re-installed it when only the disc was broke.

Because, Oh bright one, depending on the source that made the Trainz disc he has you have to put the disc in to run Trainz. That happens to be the company that made the disks for Auran in the UK. (you notice in the upper right corner of his post it says he's in the UK) So broken disk= can't run Trainz. For future reference klambert, if you back up your local folder, (C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\local) in a safe place on a regular basis these setbacks can be minimized.

Bill

Because, Oh bright one, depending on the source that made the Trainz disc he has you have to put the disc in to run Trainz. That happens to be the company that made the disks for Auran in the UK. (you notice in the upper right corner of his post it says he's in the UK) So broken disk= can't run Trainz. For future reference klambert, if you back up your local folder, (C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\local) in a safe place on a regular basis these setbacks can be minimized.

Bill

Oh dear ... that No-CD crack that is roaming around the internet must be a phantom file then.

Zwabberaar- Well, maybe it's because you've had the habit of bordering on rudeness lately...In most of the posts that you have made lately (that I have read), you are either instigating problems or jumping on people...but maybe that's just how it looks on this side of the internet (you have to think about how others may interpret any given message).

To everyone else... please don't jump on others when you think they are doing wrong. It just makes people reply angrily or sarcastically (continuing the cycle) and doesn't really improve matters. Please try to promote peace on the forums.

Last edited:
Well, maybe it's because you've had the habit of bordering on rudeness lately...In most of the posts that you have made lately (that I have read), you are either instigating problems or jumping on people...but maybe that's just how it looks on this side of the internet (you have to think about how others may interpret any given message).

I see ... and how do you suggest I take care thinking about how almost 3000 people might interpret any given message I write? It seems like quite a time consuming process.

Of course you did think about all of the other active members' possible interpretations before hitting that "submit reply" button, didn't you?

Yes, sir...I tried to... For instance, I was fairly certain you would reply with the same or a similar level of sarcasm that you have displayed in many of your other posts and I am fairly sure that many members will agree with the message addressed to everyone. Some people will probably disagree, but I guess as long as they don't disagree in a sarcastic way or flare up and "tell me off", they are entitled to their opinions, whereas people who can't seem to keep their tongue...excuse me... their fingers in check and flare up or seem to react sarcastically to anything people address to them make the forum much less friendly. By the way...this is also addressed to slave-Driver (after Zwabberaar) and sparked this whole discussion. (mods, sorry for hijacking the thread).

Last edited:
I'll be the first to admit I have a problem with that once in a while and I do apologize. Those type of posts tend to bring out the worst of me. I shale now try to cease and desist.

Bill

Back