Back and at it again

HotshotJimmy

Good afternoon all,

Nothing like a world catastraphy to get you in the mood at looking over long lists of KUID numbers :hehe:

I have had "TANE" for a while now but never really utilised it much. I grew up with Trainz, I still remember them showing off their new game at the Scottish Model Railway show in Glasgow around 18 years ago. You could hear the sound from outside the hall! TRS2004 was where it all happened. I even managed to get some TRS2006 stuff to work in the game but alas that was uninstalled a long long time ago. So anyway, with more time than sense I learned how to use the content manager, fired £2 into a FCT and went nuts. Even found a backup of my old maps from 2006-2014. However, I am missing one I was really proud of. A gradient correct running version of the KWVR.

My first question to you all, is there one out there? DLS didn't seem to produce anything when I searched for KWVR (search functions are a bit poop still I see)

Also why, oh why does TANE not come with the great search functions for objects and engines TRS2004 had? No region or type pull down menus. Very frustrating.

And finally, anyone got any recommendations for freeware/payware to get? As an example of what I modelled I had two routes called Midsomer '32 and Midsomer '82. As in the exact same branch line in two different time periods of the UK.

Much love,

James

Also why, oh why does TANE not come with the great search functions for objects and engines TRS2004 had? No region or type pull down menus. Very frustrating.

I don't recall TRS2004 having anything like "great search functions" in, what was it called, CP? Content Manager in TANE (aka CM) has a very versatile search search facility or "filter" with the ability to save your search filters.

Details can be found at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/...tManager:Sorting_Searching_Organizing_Content

PS: I just used CM, which is the "Manage Content" link from the main TANE launcher to search for KWVR. It found three, all "available for download" from the DLS.

<kuid2:403746:10016:1> KWVR Ivatt 2MT 41241
<kuid2:142268:15108:1> KWVR Merlin Hudswell & Clarke 0-6-0
<kuid2:142268:50098:1> KWVR Merlin Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0 Wheels

Last edited:
On the DLS
<kuid:227118:100322> GB UK Keighley & Worth Valley
<kuid:178941:100006> Keighly & Worth Valley Railway this one is actually just a dem for constructing the route yourself.

There's also <kuid:336550:1130> "worth valley branch line" by gparker, which may well be built on a cropped version of the dem mentioned by Malc above.

I don't recall TRS2004 having anything like "great search functions" in, what was it called, CP? Content Manager in TANE (aka CM) has a very versatile search search facility or "filter" with the ability to save your search filters.

Details can be found at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/...tManager:Sorting_Searching_Organizing_Content

PS: I just used CM, which is the "Manage Content" link from the main TANE launcher to search for KWVR. It found three, all "available for download" from the DLS.

<kuid2:403746:10016:1> KWVR Ivatt 2MT 41241
<kuid2:142268:15108:1> KWVR Merlin Hudswell & Clarke 0-6-0
<kuid2:142268:50098:1> KWVR Merlin Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0 Wheels

Ah no I meant in-game when selecting rolling stock or buildings, instead of all being clumped together you had pull down menus to select country or type. Where as there is nothing like that in TANE. Also I realised there were locos but no maps. However, I can see there are 2-3 maps available on the DS. Thanks for the help chaps.

Ahhh. well yes. TANE does have an "in game" advanced search function.

Press Ctrl + Shift + F to bring up the Content Search Filter in Surveyor.

An example:
Click the large + button
Click in the left hand box where it says "Name" and select "Category" from the drop down list (scroll up)
Click in the right hand box where it says "Route" and select "Locomotive" from the drop down list
Click the large + button again, an additional filter line will appear (you can have many)
The left hand box will say "Name" and leave it at that
Click in the right hand box and type GWR

Open the Trains Tool Panel (F7) and only GWR locomotives will be shown.

This filter will remain active until you click "Clear". If you click "Save" then the filter can be saved for later use.
Press ESC in TANE (or Ctrl + Shift + F in TRS19) to close the search filter window (but the filter will still be active until you click "Clear")

Last edited:
Ahhh. well yes. TANE does have an "in game" advanced search function.

Press Ctrl + Shift + F to bring up the Content Search Filter in Surveyor.

An example:
Click the large + button
Click in the left hand box where it says "Name" and select "Category" from the drop down list (scroll up)
Click in the right hand box where it says "Route" and select "Locomotive" from the drop down list
Click the large + button again, an additional filter line will appear (you can have many)
The left hand box will say "Name" and leave it at that
Click in the right hand box and type GWR

Open the Trains Tool Panel (F7) and only GWR locomotives will be shown.

This filter will remain active until you click "Clear". If you click "Save" then the filter can be saved for later use.
Press ESC in TANE (or Ctrl + Shift + F in TRS19) to close the search filter window (but the filter will still be active until you click "Clear")

Excellent stuff, i'll give it a try tonight thanks again.

Lastly know any good B1 Thompson locos? (EDIT: I know of Darlington works but they're incomplete as it goes for interiors etc)

Last edited:
Back