Automated sessions not working

Is there any specific reason why automated journeys would not work?

I've just purchased Settle and Carlisle which includes a lot of "Ride" sessions, but none of them work. I click through the cab options so I can see all of the commands but the train just sits there and does absolutely nothing. Happens on a lot of them so I'm wondering if there is a common reason for it?

I just tried one of the "Ride" sessions and it is working just fine.

Many (most) of the consists have as their first driver command a "Wait 5 minutes" or a "Wait for Trigger" (which means they are waiting for another consist to reach a specific point before they will execute the next command). This may be what you are seeing.

I just tried one of the "Ride" sessions and it is working just fine.

Many (most) of the consists have as their first driver command a "Wait 5 minutes" or a "Wait for Trigger" (which means they are waiting for another consist to reach a specific point before they will execute the next command). This may be what you are seeing.
I have allowed for that. I've waited beyond the time command.

There was also another one that said "wait for this train to reach this trigger and then start." I waited and watched it reach the trigger and nothing happened. Waited beyond that too.

Can you confirm which one it was you tried and what build number you are running? I'm 117009

Build 122411
SnC Hellifield - Hellifield Pickup (Ride)
Thanks for clarifying that, although that now adds to my confusion! My build won't update any further so I'm unsure how you are beyond that?

I'm on Platinum version so I wonder if it's something to do with that (although I would have thought that the underlying program remained consistent and that the Platinum version was just including additional DLC)

I loaded up the same track as you, when it starts the train is moving very slowly then stops, I switch through CAB mode then onto the automated bit but it just sits there doing nothing. I even checked where the first drive to command was and manually changed the points to see if that got it going but it doesn't

Very frustrating :(

It is an older version (Tane) so I would check for any updates to assets in the route.
Thanks for that.

Not entirely sure how to do that, but found this page:

and have opened content manager, searched for "out of date: true" and "installed true" and in the search box typed "snc" but it comes up blank (which I'm assuming means there isn't any updates available.)

You normally cannot update DLC using Content Manager (unless the DLC creator has released the content as DLS freeware). Instead update via the Content Store --> Update option from the Launcher.

Build 117009 is the latest TRS19 build (SP5 HF1 update). My build 122411 is Trainz Plus.

The Settle and Carlisle DLC is very old having been created originally for TS2009. It was updated for TS10 via a special patch but let's assume what is being sold today is that updated version. I've seen the issue you are having and reported to N3V. Here is the issue. when the ride session starts in TRS19 it ask which control mode you want to use. This makes no sense as it is a "ride" session. No matter which choice you make. it will dump you into manual drive mode. Click on the three dots in the bottom right corner to go to the mode showing the driver commands listing screen. Now you have to tell the loco to drive the schedule by Ctrl-right clicking on the loco and choosing Continue Schedule. The loco will now drive the session however the timing is slightly off and so it might mess up as it interacts with the other trains. I just tried this in TRS19 SP5 and it works like a champ.

The routes in the DLC package are:-
<kuid2:69379:100014:14> SnC Carlisle Skipton - Trainz build 4.5 (T:ANE SP2)
<kuid2:69379:100008:11> SnC Craven District - Trainz build 4.3 (T:ANE SP1)
<kuid2:368725:100050:15> SnC Ribblesdale - Trainz build 4.3 (T:ANE SP1)
<kuid2:69379:100009:18> SnC Vale of Eden - Trainz build 4.3 (T:ANE SP1)
<kuid2:69379:100020:17> SnC Yorkshire Dales - Trainz build 4.3 (T:ANE SP1)

The routes in the DLC package are:-
<kuid2:69379:100014:14> SnC Carlisle Skipton - Trainz build 4.5 (T:ANE SP2)
<kuid2:69379:100008:11> SnC Craven District - Trainz build 4.3 (T:ANE SP1)
<kuid2:368725:100050:15> SnC Ribblesdale - Trainz build 4.3 (T:ANE SP1)
<kuid2:69379:100009:18> SnC Vale of Eden - Trainz build 4.3 (T:ANE SP1)
<kuid2:69379:100020:17> SnC Yorkshire Dales - Trainz build 4.3 (T:ANE SP1)
All that means is they replaced the original speedtrees that no longer worked in TANE with newer versions likely using the Bulk Replace tool. Hardly an update to me. Oh, I forgot at some point they also fixed all the road bridges that sunk down into the ground blocking the tracks below.

Hi,

I've just fired up TS22+ with the Hellesfield ride.

The selected locomotive starts under user control. I needed to use the 3 dots beside the manual control to select the command line (all the icons) then right click and select "continue session"

HTH,
Colin

The Settle and Carlisle DLC is very old having been created originally for TS2009. It was updated for TS10 via a special patch but let's assume what is being sold today is that updated version. I've seen the issue you are having and reported to N3V. Here is the issue. when the ride session starts in TRS19 it ask which control mode you want to use. This makes no sense as it is a "ride" session. No matter which choice you make. it will dump you into manual drive mode. Click on the three dots in the bottom right corner to go to the mode showing the driver commands listing screen. Now you have to tell the loco to drive the schedule by Ctrl-right clicking on the loco and choosing Continue Schedule. The loco will now drive the session however the timing is slightly off and so it might mess up as it interacts with the other trains. I just tried this in TRS19 SP5 and it works like a champ.
Thank you! That did the trick and I can now ride them all!

Hi,

I've just fired up TS22+ with the Hellesfield ride.

The selected locomotive starts under user control. I needed to use the 3 dots beside the manual control to select the command line (all the icons) then right click and select "continue session"

HTH,
Colin
Thank you!

You normally cannot update DLC using Content Manager (unless the DLC creator has released the content as DLS freeware). Instead update via the Content Store --> Update option from the Launcher.

Build 117009 is the latest TRS19 build (SP5 HF1 update). My build 122411 is Trainz Plus.
Thanks for that information. There were no updates but the issue has now been resolved by two other people :)

Thank you! That did the trick and I can now ride them all!
You're welcome. I tried something while I was playing around with the sessions again. As soon as the session starts just hit the "p" key to pause the game. You can still do what you need to do to get the loco to continue the schedule and when you're ready to start the action just release pause. The timing of the AI trains will then be as close to correct as possible.

FYI,
If you edit a route/session in TS19 or TS22, then select "drive session", it will automatically start as "Paused"

Colin

Back