ATI Radeon HD 4670

picture

Hello Community,

I just got an ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card. How well will trainz run on it? My current card is an Nvidia Geforce 8400GT.

Thanks,
Matt

Depending on your resolution, you probably be able to run with anti-aliasing (AA) and anisotropic filtering (AF) and it will still be much faster than your 8400 GT. If you run Trainz at 1680 x 1050 or less, then the 4670 will definitely be faster even with AA & AF. At 1920 x 1080 & higher, the increased performance would not be noticed as much without lowering settings slightly.

Hope this helps.

Kyle

I have to confess I don't understand these scores. How can the GTX295 score less than the GTX285? Isn't the former meant to be the 'best' gaming card for PCs in the world?

I've had an Nvidia 7900GT card for the last few years and it's certainly performed much better than the previous ATI card (not least for the fact that I get rippling water now!)

But I thought ATI were supposed to be producing better cards at the moment than Nvidia?

Paul :confused:

Hello Community,

I just got an ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card. How well will trainz run on it? My current card is an Nvidia Geforce 8400GT.

Thanks,
Matt

Hello Matt,

I've been using one of these HD 4670's for the last few months now and it varies on the locomotives I download, have a look at my screenshots in the last few weeks on both British and European threads and then have a look on the USA picture thread, it seems it doesn't like American locos much, I cannot understand why, maybe it's the way they are reskinned.....Other screenshots in comparison look excellent, so, I'm positive it's my card rather than anything else....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Thanks you all for your opinions and replies. I now have the card in and to me, it seems to be doing just fine.

Thanks again,
Matt

It was interesting to read the various opinions above. I have just found a passively cooled version of this card, and ordered (its for a PC which does about 50% media duties, 50% Trainz - an upgrade on my current 4350). Will add some feed back here when I've given it a good work out.

Phil.

Back