Assets showing up on the DLS but not content manager

STLSF4003

So I found an old route on the DLS by Advance but the I go to look for it in content manager, it just simply isn't there. Sort of a ghost in the system.

Is this normal with 19 or is this good 'ol boy missing something here?

According to the Web Page DLS (the so called "White Pages") he has 4 layouts on the DLS - "ALL CHANGE PLEASE", "A BUSH RAILWAY", "FARM MODULE" and "Zig Zag layout" (with caps as shown).

According to my search of CM, he has only two - <kuid:102657:300299> ALL CHANGE PLEASE and <kuid:102657:100109> FARM MODULE. Both are classified as "Misc" not as "Route" for some unknown reason.

One point I should make is that the Web based DLS is no longer really supported by N3V, but that should not explain this discrepancy.

I would put in a bug report or a Help Desk message.

Occasionally, the online DLS data gets out of sync with what Content Manager finds. This can cause a discrepancy such as this. This can sometimes be resolved by opening up the data folder and clearing the cache/internet folder then run a repair to force CM to download information again.

The other issue, which pware pointed out, is the routes are classified as Misc. This occurred in the past when for some unknown reason assets were miscategorized when uploaded to the DLS. This was an issue with TRS2009 and TS2010 routes. Now this, brings up another issue. The routes may not look super in TRS19 if you could download them and will require a ton, and I mean a ton, to bring them up to a standard where everything looks halfway decent. The issue is beyond the lighting in this case and includes the trees, assets, and textures. The problem with the textures is some will be automatically updated to PBR and you'll end up with blobs, buried roads, tracks, and other weirdness because of the mixed textures.

Occasionally, the online DLS data gets out of sync with what Content Manager finds. This can cause a discrepancy such as this. This can sometimes be resolved by opening up the data folder and clearing the cache/internet folder then run a repair to force CM to download information again.

The other issue, which pware pointed out, is the routes are classified as Misc. This occurred in the past when for some unknown reason assets were miscategorized when uploaded to the DLS. This was an issue with TRS2009 and TS2010 routes. Now this, brings up another issue. The routes may not look super in TRS19 if you could download them and will require a ton, and I mean a ton, to bring them up to a standard where everything looks halfway decent. The issue is beyond the lighting in this case and includes the trees, assets, and textures. The problem with the textures is some will be automatically updated to PBR and you'll end up with blobs, buried roads, tracks, and other weirdness because of the mixed textures.

Would the fact that I have 19 installed on my D and not my C drive have anything to do with it? Cause I can't download anything off the web based DLS.

Buy anyways. How do i go about clearing my data/cache folders?

Custom search, for example Zigzag just type Zig Zag layout in the search box top right and it will show up as unknown location, download and it installs as Third Party.

If you have the kuid for anything not showing up thats on the Web DLS you can Use Custom Search, kuid and put the kuid in the box and then download it.

Just downloaded Zig zag and you will have to sort out these errors before attempting to use it.

Code:
; 
    <kuid:102657:100046> : Validating <kuid:102657:100046>
  ! <kuid:102657:100046> : VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
  - <kuid:102657:100046> : VE194: Tag 'region' does not contain a valid kuid: Australia
  ! <kuid:102657:100046> : VE61: Required tag 'region' was missing and has been set to default.
  ! <kuid:102657:100046> : VE62: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
  ! <kuid:102657:100046> : VE146: An asset must be specified for tag 'water'.

Last edited:
Would the fact that I have 19 installed on my D and not my C drive have anything to do with it? Cause I can't download anything off the web based DLS.

Buy anyways. How do i go about clearing my data/cache folders?

Having TRS19 in both places doesn't matter. I have my data on my E: drive under TRS2019_DATA.

The issue you are seeing is twofold. First You can't install using the Web DLS directly because the old applet was only good for TRS2004 through TS12, and even then in TS12 it was sketchy due to browsers and the operating systems getting snotty with outside connected apps. Now today, that applet is not longer supported at all.

The other issue you have is modern browsers no longer support FTP due to security reasons. Instead of enforcing security on the FTP sites, they opted to just kill the service completely even though FTP has been around for 55 years at least. If you need to download via FTP, you will need to use something like Filezilla.

To clear the internet cache folder:

If TRS19 is running, including the Launcher, shut it down.
Using File Explorer, open up your data folder, which I assume is on your D: drive.
Open up cache
Open Internet folder.

Delete the contents. It's all the CDPs and other files of the downloaded content you installed from the DLS.

It's good to do this periodically anyway especially if you have weird crashes. Since it's cached data, it's throw away and does get purged by TRS2019, but sometimes there are problems that require us to do that manually.

I just had a similar problem when looking for 'Fishlipsatwork' DEM maps in content manager, as looking for them in CM only resulted in around 4 results (and I know they had many more maps than that).

To be able to download the maps I wanted, I had to specifically only have the 'Asset Kuid' filter on (with the asset KUID I snagged from the DLS website), since the 'On Download Station' filter seemed to remove all results. Even then, the route appeared as <unknown asset> in CM but still let me download it. After the download everything seemed to be okay with the tiger lines and the map geometry.

I just had a similar problem when looking for 'Fishlipsatwork' DEM maps in content manager, as looking for them in CM only resulted in around 4 results (and I know they had many more maps than that).

To be able to download the maps I wanted, I had to specifically only have the 'Asset Kuid' filter on (with the asset KUID I snagged from the DLS website), since the 'On Download Station' filter seemed to remove all results. Even then, the route appeared as <unknown asset> in CM but still let me download it. After the download everything seemed to be okay with the tiger lines and the map geometry.

The reason for the unknown assets and the specific search is due to the assets being hidden is because the assets have been added to a fault list for the Content Repair Group (CRG) to repair at some point when they get to them. The assets still can be downloaded, except they are not displayed directly. The reason for this is these assets, while working have other issues that need repairing, but are in many cases used as dependencies, therefore, they have to be able to be downloaded.

What route did you download by the way? I just downloaded his Nome Alaska DEM And non of the tiger lines show up and it's throwing up a "Tag 'region' does not contain a valid kuid: USA" Error.

What route did you download by the way? I just downloaded his Nome Alaska DEM And non of the tiger lines show up and it's throwing up a "Tag 'region' does not contain a valid kuid: USA" Error.

I downloaded all of his 'Anchorage' and 'Fairbanks' maps. I did have the same faulty error with the region, however I was able to load up the map and change the region manually, which seems to have fixed it. For me, the tiger lines were showing up, so i'm not sure why yours aren't. If you don't already I recommend downloading 'hog' textures from the DLS, they should be labelled 'hogxx' with 'xx' being a number.

The tag region is easy to fix. Look for the region in Content Manager. This is why the asset is hidden and will be repaired at some point whenever the CRG can get to these assets.

Highlight.
View asset in new window.
Copy the kuid number found in the Asset Kuid line above.

Close that window since it's no longer needed.

Open the config.txt file for route that's faulty.

Find the tag region and paste in the kuid you copied, overwriting USA

Add the same kuid to the the kuid-table section of the config.txt

Save, close, and then submit the asset. The error should be gone if you did it right.

Back