assets in exe

81fairmont

i downloaded some assets that are in exe form when i try to run i get this little box that says trainz is not on this machine how can i fix this problim as i need these assets to fix assets any idea one is kuid:31891:28001 there are others aswell :confused:

thank you

Where are you downloading them from and which version of TRS are you using? Most assets are either in .cdp or .zip format, but I would imagine any in .exe format would ask you to select the TRS directory during the installation procedure. Do you get any other errors during the installation?

JB

Here's one theory but there could be other explanations. The exe file might be reading the Registry key to discover where Trainz is installed. If the Trainz program files have been moved manually, then the Registry key is almost certainly no longer correct. The only solution in that case would be to reinstall Trainz. But I must stress that this might not be the cause in your case.

John

Assuming you downloaded them from the DLS, exe files are assets for original Trainz and will almost certainly not work on later versions without modifying the config file. They are in fact self extracting zip files and can normally be opened by Winzip or similar. Microsoft's built-in unzipper will not work.

It is worth checking that the creator has not produced a later version for 1.3, UTC, 2004 or 2006. This will save you a lot of hassle.

Daemondex's pump house is available as an SP3 download. Search on his name

Last edited:
You need a copy of the original trainzor UTC installed on your computer.

Correct.

.exe files are indeed on the DLS and were used many years ago before .cdp's were introduced.

These .exe files will not recognize 04 or 06 and will require the original Trainz.

Most of these probably wouldn't work in 06, so might be best to find a later version of the asset.

Back