asset x and TANE

It can be used, but not in the same way as previous versions of Trainz at this stage. You would have to add T:ANE's editing folder to Asset-X's Home Folders option, and you would have to manually run the program as there does not appear to be an OpenWith method available.

Shane

I haven't installed TANE, so I can't check, but do the PEV tools like mesh viewer and TGA conversion etc. work OK in the new version of the game?

Paul

I haven't installed TANE, so I can't check, but do the PEV tools like mesh viewer and TGA conversion etc. work OK in the new version of the game?

Paul

Yes with the same issues with builtin stuff as TS12. No problem with stuff from the DLS.

I used the asset X on the asset in 12, saved it to CDP then imported it to Trainz. A little work but did the trick.

I use it daily with T:ANE but I don't use TANE's editing folder. I keep my assets under development in a set of home folders, as defined by AssetX, and just drag and drop them onto a T:ANE CM window.

There are a few problems:

1. AssetX cannot yet validate config tags against the new variations in T:ANE. There are a few that I have spotted. If you just make content to TS12 rules then that works fine.
2. T:ANE doesn't have a visible TrainzUtil so calls to TrainzUtil in T:ANE don't work. There are a few scripts I use that just call TS12 instead. Some scripts, like getting a next KUID, obviously don't work.

So it can be used for content creation but without all the features. I believe Ian Woodmore has been using AssetX extensively with T:ANE.

I'm sure Andi will update it once information is available.

Back