Asset repair request

nfitzsimmons

Not sure where to put this thread, so it ended up here.

I was wondering if I could find someone who could try to repair a broken asset for me. I've been trying to fix it myself using all of the available tools, but with no luck. Actually I'm not sure if it even can be fixed.

If anyone might be willing to give it a shot please PM me.

Thanks.

If it is an old asset it may not be fixable for TS12 SP1, without complex config file editing ... I oftentimes backdate TS12 assets to work in TRS2006 (with various success/falures) ... in your case getting an 04 asset to work in TS12 SP1 would be the opposite process, than my process.

We can't help untill you post the name and kuid
fran1 and I among others are very good a fixing old assets.
trz 1.3 thru 2.9+

I just keep banging away at them, sometimes I win.
I gotta tell ya I hate the ones that don't want to learn.

I found a spline repair tut.
Works most of time..If i get my H...O..o..M..A..

I am a Mushroom Too!

Know what you mean guys (and Gals) I have probably repaired the unknown asset, not sure when, not sure how all I know is that it works now; plus the other 3000+ odd that I have repaired - and that's not counting all the assets (probably the same one's) that you have all repaired.

Quote ....He sat and looked at the feedback results, shaking his head. After a significant pause he sat more upright and some of the confidence and conviction that I’d come to expect, returned to his features. “O.K.”, he said “If this is what people are telling me, then I can see the problem. So what do I have to do to fix it?”.....unquote

It's great being a mushroom and working in the dark!

Last edited:
trz 1.3 thru 2.9+

I didn't post the kuid because technically it's not a freeware asset. The original author doesn't appear to be available, or I would have asked him. In broad detail, it's an coach interior mesh in which a bump texture won't load. I played around with all of the various available freeware tools, tried converting to different graphic formats, etc, with no luck. I suspect it's a problem with a texture in an invalid slot, but I don't know how to tell. The sad part is that I have two other interior assets from the same author in the same set of cars, and they both work fine.

That is great news that most of the assets have been repaired and would work in the latest SP's. Now let's get practical: How can we poor souls down here get access to these? Or if I post the KUID's of the ones I need to be fixed, can we get the new versions?

That is great news that most of the assets have been repaired and would work in the latest SP's. Now let's get practical: How can we poor souls down here get access to these? Or if I post the KUID's of the ones I need to be fixed, can we get the new versions?
I repair posted payware kuids.
Example WOA locos. All repaired cept the a engine sound.
Nobody has come up with the repair as far as I can tell .

There's a good thread in the TS2010 forum called a "Listing of Errors and How to Fix Them". That's the best resource. If you feel it's a bit much, post the errors here and somebody probably will walk you through the repair or point you in the right direction. You know, 'give a man a fish, he eats for a day...'

If such a repair is truly beyond your technical abilities - and, let's face it, not everybody is a guru - then at least we might have an idea where to go from there.

OK, so here goes the list. The most important ones are first...

46162:8063and 060
2:87145:2013:1
153456:87
2:87589:1900:1
73016:4, 6 and 591
I they can be repaired or already have, I can receive via private e-mail. All assets are for private use and will never be distributed to anyone.

trz 1.3 thru 2.9+

That's funny, because whomever has been "fixing" old assets and posting them at build 2.9 has either a poor understanding of what "fixing" means, or has intentionally broken them for use in Trainz 2010...

Such as: Tanker UP 70124(LARS) <kuid2:113556:61001:1> (SPorBust, DLS Cleanup item)
--Error: The kuid '<kuid:-3:10044>' specified in 'product-kuid' is not of the correct type.
(Just about every one of those "fixed" tankers have the same error.)

I repair posted payware kuids.

For your own use, that's just fine, but redistributing those fixes is a bit questionable, at best, and some might consider it Piracy.
--I'm sure it would be easy enough to walk him through the fixes, so he can do them on his own, rather than even take a chance offending the Original Creator by redistributing their Payware products with 2nd hand "fixes".

Last edited:
OK, so here goes the list. The most important ones are first...

46162:8063and 060 - NOT ON CLEANUP LIST
2:87145:2013:1 - NOT ON CLEANUP LIST
153456:87 - NOT ON CLEANUP LIST
2:87589:1900:1 - CLAIMED BY ME
73016:4, 6 and 591 - NOT ON CLEANUP LIST
I they can be repaired or already have, I can receive via private e-mail. All assets are for private use and will never be distributed to anyone.

The items not on the DLS cleanup above don't appear to be on the DLS at all, at least not 46162:8063 and 73016:4 (I didn't check for everything) so there's not much that can be done with those.

He mentioned above, that they were "Payware" assets....

I was responding to llebrez' post, not nfitzsimmons'. I already addressed nfitzsimmons' posts (and everyone in general asking for help in this thread) above that.

Oh, and in case anyone asks, no, I don't give out fixed versions of assets, unless the author has granted that in the license.

I was responding to llebrez' post, not nfitzsimmons'. I already addressed nfitzsimmons' posts (and everyone in general asking for help in this thread) above that.

Oh, and in case anyone asks, no, I don't give out fixed versions of assets, unless the author has granted that in the license.

My bad...Glasses need cleaned, and I'm on Snowplow alert out here in Lancaster County...Guess I shouldn't watch Forums, Weather Channel, NCIS and Facebook all at once...lol

Last edited:
WHAT ARE THE ERRORS.
What are the names of the assets
Does the configuration file list a web site.
46162:8063 and 73016:4
If it is payware and I don't have them I must know the errors so i can walk you thru the repair.

I just checked 73016:4 is on the DLS, 5th May 2003.
Fixed in 8 clicks with AssetX and scripts.TRZ12+H4
No errors No warnings Checked on a route.
interior needs work..See ya tomorrow,,sleep

Last edited:
Back