img0021p.jpg

img0024ve.jpg

img0027zga.jpg

img0028dv.jpg

img0033pgh.jpg

img0042sj.jpg

img0043fp.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Taylor, where did you take the pics of that GN caboose? It looks to be a little far from home lol. And if they repaint it into another railroad, that would be a shame.

Hey Taylor, where did you take the pics of that GN caboose? It looks to be a little far from home lol. And if they repaint it into another railroad, that would be a shame.

The caboose as I understand was used on a logging route. It got demolished at some point and was restored. A short time later it was donated to the Western Railway Museum. It currently needs a little reinforcing to the main structure as a result of an accident recently as well as some of the end timber supporting the rickety steps replaced. About its only use is as a push platform for our work train being we do not have the tracks rehabilitated down to a runaround track yet. I have not heard of any plans for it in the future so being we restore our equipment according to its history it will stay in Great Northern paint unless it worked for another road with more significance (Do not know of any at this point.)

The caboose as I understand was used on a logging route. It got demolished at some point and was restored. A short time later it was donated to the Western Railway Museum. It currently needs a little reinforcing to the main structure as a result of an accident recently as well as some of the end timber supporting the rickety steps replaced. About its only use is as a push platform for our work train being we do not have the tracks rehabilitated down to a runaround track yet. I have not heard of any plans for it in the future so being we restore our equipment according to its history it will stay in Great Northern paint unless it worked for another road with more significance (Do not know of any at this point.)

As a matter of fact it was donated to the Mc Cloud Railroad near Mt. Shasta Cal.
As StealthSteam said it had an accident at one point in it's life at Mc Cloud
it was eventually restored and donated to the the Western Railway Museum (where StealthSteam and I know each other from)
and it looked brand new when we got it, I have heard that it was involved in a switching mistake at the WRM, and this is it now, the WRM has three Cabeese I can think of off the top of my head
SN 1632 (Fully Restored)
A CCTC Caboose (In HORRID Shape)
and the GN Caboose
the board of directors will only allow the GN Caboose to Joel (head of the track crew) for ballast runs, so we use it.
It has wheels, and a cupola, so that is all that counts

-Taylor

As a matter of fact it was donated to the Mc Cloud Railroad near Mt. Shasta Cal.
As StealthSteam said it had an accident at one point in it's life at Mc Cloud
it was eventually restored and donated to the the Western Railway Museum (where StealthSteam and I know each other from)
and it looked brand new when we got it, I have heard that it was involved in a switching mistake at the WRM, and this is it now, the WRM has three Cabeese I can think of off the top of my head
SN 1632 (Fully Restored)
A CCTC Caboose (In HORRID Shape)
and the GN Caboose
the board of directors will only allow the GN Caboose to Joel (head of the track crew) for ballast runs, so we use it.
It has wheels, and a cupola, so that is all that counts

-Taylor

Just a little clarification on Taylor's comments. The CCT 19 caboose is in sad condition and because of it it's not in usable shape for any form of service least it fall apart around our ears while using it. (I'm talking literally here) GN X344 is in a little better shape and is barely fit for work train service by museum volunteers but definitely not for public rides. SN 1632 is fully restored and in excellent shape. SN 1623 had originally came to us in MOW green since it's last real work had been on a MOW train and at that point had been used on the work trains for a spell but when we restored it we returned it to it's original boxcar red color. When 1632's restoration was done and the inquiry came about using 1632 for the work train, a good 90 percent of the volunteers at the museum said no way considering the mishap to X344 had happened only a couple months before and we didn't want to see our hard work exposed to those conditions. It was more everyone's decision not to use it than the board of directors. They only made it official. That's why we use X344 for the work train. As for the future for GN X344 / GN 90214 / GN 90816 / McCloud River Railroad 023 there has been talk that eventually it will be restored as a GN caboose but that will most likely be many years into the future but the intent last I heard was to keep it Great Northern. Which road number was undecided but it will remain GN. CCT 19 will eventually be restored also and will most likely happen before X344 but there is talk that CCT 19 will be restored to the configuration of the era when it was WP 741.

Current condition of SN 1632.

6aaae619.jpg

Bill

Last edited:
I can post photos here all day but i wont, here are a few more then i am off to bed!

The only pic of a via i got!!!! in 2008
78491471.jpg

78491494.jpg
OUT OF NO WERE I SAW A SOO LINE!!!!!

78491476.jpg

Rob said:
Beautiful pictures, okhiu, you are very talented!

Kinda late...but thanks :)

Some more pics taken at sunset somewhere near Bucharest and in Bucharest North Station

tumblr_m78xmsGdR21rw8mqao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m78xmmYoEO1rw8mqao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m78xm6QyX01rw8mqao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m78xl0tQJS1rw8mqao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m78xkds7eH1rw8mqao1_1280.jpg

And some from Brasov (Kronstadt)

Old and rusty locomotive

tumblr_ma3qjw1Kwk1rw8mqao1_1280.jpg

Shiny and new :)

tumblr_ma3qjrL7A91rw8mqao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ma3qk0vK0l1rw8mqao1_1280.jpg

Back