Are There Any Editable Electronic Destination Signs?

gisa

Routelayer Ordinaire...
Hi All,

I'm looking for an editable commuter destination sign. I tried my luck to no avail on the dls. I'm looking for something like this:

and while this one is great, I cannot edit the text in it (nor would it match the region for my route in progress) and so I was wondering if anyone knew of one that could be edited (so I could put in my own destinations and times, etc...). I'd settle for a *cardboard* (or non-electronic one) but the jackpot for me would be one that is electronic. :D

If anyone knows the kuid or username of someone who made an editable destination sign, please let me know! :wave:

Gisa ^^

I don't know of one and I don't think it's possible to make a sign editable from inside of surveyor except for the built-in Arial font.
Vulcan made a road sign (kuid 60238:27110) that includes a readme.txt file on how to change the text on the sign. It might be a start on what you want to do if you can do a little creation of your own. Sorry I can't be of more help. Someone might be along that has a better answer.

DB departure board custom - kuid:177792:1029

Takes a few minutes to figure out, but it allows you to edit the platform number and edit the time, and also has five text boxes into which you can type whatever you want (i.e destinations / operating company / type of service etc). The only downside is that due to the way TRS works, all the info you type in is saved to the session rather than the route (if I remember correctly anyway)

The easy way to get around this though is to set all the boards to what you want, and then save the session as "Master Session" or something similar. Then when you want to create a new session you can just open that one, add your trains etc and then save it under a new name.

JB

Jivebunny seems to have found what may be a help to you. After further thought, I remembered a set of programmable highway signs that Maddy25 has on the DLS. After looking at the config for 124017:15059:1, it appears that the method of changing the text on the signs is script controlled which I know enough about to be absolutely dangerous.
I would guess that if someone is proficient in script and mesh/texture creation, that a programmable electronic sign is possible.

I would like something similar to this, only automatic, like the boards which are part for the premetro stations... can't find any seperate boards though :/

Wouldn't it be about the same as changing stuff on misc signs? Or isn't it the same type of object, maybe?

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I downloaded all the KUID's you suggested. Jivebunny, I think the kuid you recommended to me would suit me best :cool: but I am having a problem. When I click on the properties button for it, I only see this:

and while I can only enter the name of the station and the track number, only the track number shows up. :confused: I noticed DepartureDelayManager rule next to the station...and I am wondering if that is something else I need for it to work? If you could help me further, that'd be great.

BTW, I am running trs2004 only...could that be the reason?

Gisa ^^

Again thank you

;) The Spanish version (reskinned for IBerTrainZ by M.A. Lobeiras) of Willi Leopold (Poldi)'s Boards...

burgo2.jpg

prespanel.jpg

http://web.ibertrainz.eu/secciones/edificios.html#panelelectronico

Alberte :)

Thanks for the link zato! You should be named *superhelperman* as I notice you are great at helping others here! :cool:

I downloaded it and gave it try. It was a *bit* tricky for me to understand (because unfortunately, I can only speak English, some French and some Korean). I played around with it a bit and it should suit my basic needs quite nicely (I'm not picky about a ticking clock). It's too bad there wasn't an English version with a tutorial as I'm sure many people would like to use that. :)

You said that this was a reskin of Willi Leopold's boards? If that is the case, what would be the original name of the board/it's KUID? I'd just like to have all of them so I can find out my favourites and have an assortment to use on my route.

Again, MANY THANKS! ^^

Gisa ^^

You said that this was a reskin of Willi Leopold's boards? If that is the case, what would be the original name of the board/it's KUID? I'd just like to have all of them so I can find out my favourites and have an assortment to use on my route.

Yes, Gisa, my trainzy friend. Leopold was very kind to us and allowed us (Manuel de Lobeiras did a great job) to reskin it in Spanish (script included).

You can get the original from the DS --> http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=52903

If you need some help with the configuration text on the instructing page http://web.ibertrainz.eu/secciones/tutpanelelectronico.html , just tell me.

;)

Alberte, who needs "superhelpers"/attachment points in Gmax and Gmin :D

Last edited:
I was looking for these as well, I need a custom electric sign that change text when train is approaching, stops at station, and leaves.

I'm gonna fiddle around with it as well, does it suit your needs?

Thanks Zato, I'll give that one a go too. They look quite similar, but like a spice, applied sparingly, it might look good to have both on one route. :cool:

I'm not really interested in anything fancy (as in a changing clock or what not). At least, not at this point in Trainz. I just like seeing the platform data as a static object. It's really just some tasty eye candy for me, but I'm sure it'd be neat to get it to work as a clock somehow. Still, no worries...:)

Again, thanks Zato!
Hey, Dorimcheon, how's your route coming along? :D

so far i'm just making stuff for it such as trains platforms etc

i have to start from scratch so it will be years before it is finished, i have done no planning except getting the pieces together

hmm i wonder if there is enough free time in college for that :eek: !!!

i will be doing my own fictitious subway system modeled after the one in seoul, south korea. (da best)

Hahahaha I'm hijacking my own thread! :D

Same with me...I had made a route before but wasn't liking how it was turning out in some ways and I had used a higher polygon track. To relay the track properly would have taken a long time. I was running out of room in the partition which I had trs2004 and I couldn't resize it b/c it was a dynamic one, so I decided to reinstall trs. I moved the downloads over but forget about the route...oh well.

Still, my point is that a fresh start helps and that is probably our highest point of hope in building it, so roll with it...

College in Korea? I bet you'd have some free time. ;) I teach here full time and I manage to do some stuff with Trainz, but I feel like a slug...:eek: hehe sorry I couldn't resist!

As I ride the subway somewhat frequently here, I'd love to see that route! Good luck! Give those signboards a peek and let us know what you think...

Gisa ^^

cool...I thought you were attending school here in Korea. ;)

Good luck and keep us posted when you finish the route someday!

Gisa ^^

if you really want to see seoul subway simulation you have to check the naver cafes and sign up for ones such as BVT KOREA ... they already made it for BVE (some other train sim)

I'm not dying to see it but if someone did make it, I'd definitely give it a download. :) I think subways are cool, but somewhat...monotonous for my taste, which is why I prefer Freight/Passenger operations (I guess that's also in part due to the fact that that was mostly what I saw growing up).

Part of the reason I'd love to see the Seoul subway system (if they made it completely 100% prototypical and included everything which would take quite some time if they ever got around to it) was because a lot of it is above ground. :) At least, where I am living it's like that...

I noticed that in one of the gmax tutorials, the person was making a Japanese subway car for BVT but that the language in one of the pictures was in Korean. But yeah, keep us posted. ;)

Gisa ^^

Yea the line 1 in seoul subway is mostly above ground because it's shared with the freight train and regular train tracks, the subway service and freight/regular train service are run by the same company (korail)

there is a small underground portion run by seoul metro on line 1 too but it's really short and are pretty much leftovers from the first ever subway line in seoul (1974-ish)

yongsan-deokso line is completely aboveground too (run by korail - no line # b/c it doesn't go underground)

Back