April 1st, Im freaking out!!!!

Agree good old AVAST warned me a few days prior to Apr 1 that they were prepared for the attack.

Antivirus / Spysweeper ?

AHHHhhhhh Taxtime... I'm going to get Sethmcs to do my income tax filing for me...I'm waiting till the last minute...

I guess I waste $75 a year on Webroot Spysweeper and Norton 360 Antivirus...would Free AVG or Avast be just as good ?

Last edited:
Both are very highly rated, but I use McAffee from my ISP.

My buddy and I have a joke about "Norton". Norton was the goofball on the "Honeymooner's" (Norton...address the virus: "Norton: Hello Virus!"). Anyway, following that logic, if Norton was any good they would have named it Ralph!

Guess you had to be there...:hehe:

One of thse days Alice...Right To The Moon Alice...Bang, Zoom !

I was there...Those were the days...Honeymooners, Carol Burnett...etc...those were GREAT TV shows. Tim Coway playing a SS man with a little Hitler puppet singing: "I've been working on the RR"... was a sidesplitting episode.

I guess I waste $75 a year on Webroot Spysweeper and Norton 360 Antivirus...would Free AVG or Avast be just as good ?

Norton SUCKS. Used to have it on this PC Long ago; Didn't Work worth a Crap.

Get avast!, mainly cause it Works Good, It's a Free Loophole so you don't ever have to pay for it, and The "Resident Protection" scanner on it makes it so you can BLOCK Adware and other Malicious Websites from even showing up, and it Stops Stuff that Tries to get on your PC, and Basically Kills them. ;)

For what it's worth.
I purchased my Trainz Railway Simulator 2006 edition on a PC DVD-ROM Disc. From a retail outlet, I can run the programm without being connected to the internet.
Notwithstanding I do have good antivirus softwate installed.:)

Now that THAT"S all settled: APRIL 15TH! I'm FREAKIN' OUT!:eek: [quote - Euphod]

Me too... (first it was only 1000's of infected PC's, then 10's of thousands, not to long later, it was 100's of thousands, errr, "now millions"..... :confused:
At this rate 10's of million by the 15TH APRIL. - Euphod, NO WONDER YOU ARE FREAKIN' OUT MAN, ME TOO... :eek: :hehe:
(Maybe the 'sky was falling' & 'chicken little' wasn't running around with his head chopped off after all)...:hehe:

Hears the latest from Rob;
IBM sees Conficker hitting 4% of PCs. IBM says 4% of the computers it has measured are infected by the Conficker worm...
By Robert McMillan San Francisco | Saturday, 4 April, 2009

IBM is the second company in two days to suggest that the number of computers infected by the Conficker.C worm may be higher than previously thought.

After scanning two million computers over the past 24 hours, IBM's Internet Security Systems (ISS) division said on Thursday that it had spotted the worm on 4% of the IP addresses it monitored.

Although Conficker is clearly the worst worm outbreak in years, the results came as a surprise, according to Holly Stewart, a threat response manager with ISS. "It is higher than what we expected; I thought we'd see 1 to 2%," Stewart said.

Late last week, IBM researchers reverse-engineered Conficker and figured out a way to track infections by measuring peer-to-peer traffic on the network. They used that technique to reach their estimate.

The results are similar to numbers released Wednesday by OpenDNS, which said it had also spotted a much larger number of infections than expected. Both IBM and OpenDNS' numbers count Conficker.C, the latest variant of the worm, and one that is easier to spot communicating on the network.

Conficker began spreading in October 2008, using a handful of sneaky tricks to spread. Once it infects a machine, it can spread very quickly on a local area network by taking advantage of a now-patched flaw in Microsoft Windows.

Experts had pegged Conficker infections in the two million to four million range, but IBM's numbers suggest that they may be much higher than that, perhaps in the tens of millions.

Still, Stewart cautioned against concluding that 4% of internet users had been infected. "It's not a perfect number, nothing is. But it's the best that we can give with the data we have right now."

It's possible that Conficker infections are approaching 4 percent, said Danny McPherson, chief security officer with Arbor Networks. Because Conficker is more likely to infect certain types of users — broadband consumers are generally more vulnerable than enterprise or government users, for example — estimates like ISS' could come from a sample that does not represent the internet as a whole, he said.

Still, by any measure, Conficker is a big problem. "Even if they're off by an order of magnitude — which is possible — the number of infected machines is immense."
Are you one of the 4% ??? (Soon to possibly be 8%). Do a full A/V scan on your PC to find out !!!!
** Make sure you have the latest upto date MS patches for your OS & a good A/V that's updates regularly, plus a good (both-ways) firewall **
(hey, & let's all be careful out there, it's a jungle). :hehe: (& no more freakin' out)...
Cheers, Mac... :eek:

Last edited:
Keep in mind also:

If you are behind a Router or other Hardware Firewall, the Worm cannot infect your computer as your computer is hidden by NAT

If your computer is kept up to date, and your AV software is kept up to date, you are NOT infected.

Under no circumstances, should ANY computer be connected directly to the public internet - that is just asking for trouble. Heck, W32.Worm is still circulating thanks to all the users who can't be bothered to keep their computers up to date.

And people wonder why I switched to Linux :hehe:

There are an estimated 30%of home computers that are connected to the internet without even a firewall, let alone an anti-virus program, so you can bet that 4% is well below the actual figure :D

Cheers David

The Virus zombied your pc ( What our news said ) Then stole your personal info right ? Well you just go Control Panel, Internet Options, Then delete all cookies, Temp files and passwords, Gets rid of all info that could be stolen.

By the way your worried about that, Anybody heard that on December 2010 the Aztec "something" calender ends and the world is susposed to aswell :p

By the way your worried about that, Anybody heard that on December 2010 the Aztec "something" calender ends and the world is susposed to aswell :p

I heard December of 2012, but I wish it was 2010...to think I have to endure another Presidential Election, and then the world ends? Sheeesh!:(

The Virus zombied your pc. By the way your worried about that, Anybody heard that on December 2010 the Aztec "something" calender ends and the world is susposed to aswell :p

I've been looking for a good excuse, so if the worlds going to be ending in Dec 2010, I might as well drink more of that liquid amber stuff, chase more wild women, & generally be alot more merry'er... :hehe: :udrool: :hehe: - (great, I won't need to save for retirement now) !!!
Cheers, Mac... ;)

Last edited:
Back