Approach Searchlight signal crashes Trainz?

ctclark1

Working on a recreation of CSX's Rochester subdivision, using almost exlusively Norfolksouther37's Searchlight signals since they are almost dead-on perfect for NYC's signals. So far haven't had a problem placing 05's and 08's, time after time if I try to place an Unnumbered "Approach/Distant" signal (kuid2:45324:24309:1 or kuid2:45324:24307:1) the game (2010 Build 49933) immediately crashes. Has anyone else experienced this or is my installation funky? I have tried deleting and reloading the signals in CMP (both via the Helper and FTP download) and neither helps.

Any ideas?

I checked the two signals specifically mentioned and their dependencies (the coronas and the JR Smart Signal Library 1.51) and none of them show any updates available. I find it odd that only the Approach/Distant signals (Both the standard and the Gantry version) are causing this problem and it happens as soon as I try placing them.

Could there be something in the script library that has an issue with the way I'm trying to place them? (Not in proximity to their respective home signals or something?)

I checked the two signals specifically mentioned and their dependencies (the coronas and the JR Smart Signal Library 1.51) and none of them show any updates available. I find it odd that only the Approach/Distant signals (Both the standard and the Gantry version) are causing this problem and it happens as soon as I try placing them.

Could there be something in the script library that has an issue with the way I'm trying to place them? (Not in proximity to their respective home signals or something?)

it could be something like that. there was a case a long time ago where that might happen. since the signal assets all use the signal library scripts, it is not surprising that the same type of signal would produce the same problem since they are linked to the same code.

i do not know why the update is not showing up -1.51 is from Nov 2011. try the items here: http://jointedrail.com/index.php/freeware/signals.html

Thank you, I'll give that a shot later tonight (I've got a hockey game to watch right now!) to see if the update helps.

Seems like that did the trick, my signals are up and appear to be working. (Couldn't run much of a test yet, having a fight with some junctions but that's a different story)

Thanks NS for the heads up on the updates.

Back