AMTRAK day May 10th

SuperFudd

THE FIRST-EVER NATIONAL TRAIN DAY ARRIVES MAY 10
Amtrak will host festivities at the system's largest stations in
Washington, DC, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles and Seattle,
along with more than 75 smaller stations across the country.
In addition to free musical performances at each of the "Big Four" locations, festivities will include a train photo gallery, TRAIN SIMULATORS, equipment exhibits and tours, model train displays, prize raffles, trip giveaways, Operation Lifesaver booths and a host of children's activities.
Visit NationalTrainDay.com for more details about events in your area.

Nothing happening in the Boston area though...:( considering acela has given them a lot of revenue.
"Train Driving Simulators" at the 4 locations...wish i could see those.

http://www.nationaltrainday.com/about-train-day/facts-and-faves
The Auto Train, which travels between Lorton, Va., and Sanford, Fla., is the longest passenger train in the world, with two engines and 40-plus passenger rail cars and vehicle carriers.
The Ghan has exceeded 40 carriages (a few times I think). Not sure if it has made the worlds longest passenger train, after a bit more research. The Ghan was 44 cars plus 2 NR locomotives when it extended to Darwin, I mean almost Darwin, as the new "Darwin" station is a lot further south than the old one! Click here for a list of locos & cars for the first standard gauge The Ghan to Darwin.

Last edited:
Yup, that's Amtrack, alright. The celebrations are inconveniently placed and incorrectly hyped.

:cool: Claude

Back