American Streamliners

<snip

who does not have the missing enginesound
will need to visit Jointed Rail where it is readily

available.

Perhaps for ignorant fools such as myself you could suggest where to find this asset. I've tried searching JointedRails for <kuid:506034:7891> which failed.

I tried downloading everything under Dependencies/Engine sounds/TS12-TANE and none of them contained
<kuid:506034:7891>

None of the assets on JointedRail seem to indicate either the kuid or the author for the most part.

Meow
There's also <kuid2:96914:152344:1>, <kuid2:96914:152356:1>, <kuid2:124017:20119:2>, <kuid:7592:120380>, and <kuid:7592:120381>

For those who could not find the missing enginesound, I have just uploaded an updated version of the 3 F3's, with the default Auran enginesound, to eliminate the confusion. Apparently,

Jointed Rail must have discontinued that particular file sometime after March 26 of 2016, which is when it was installed on my system. I personally never liked the sound of original Auran

soundfile, but it is easily obtainable...

At this time, the Empire Builder is available on the DLS. The North Coast Limited still needs some cleanup, so it may be a couple months or more before it sees the light of day.

Your bogey on the GN coach has the UV mapping backward on one side of the roller baring covers. If you are using W. David Randall's books watch out for mistakes on the side drawings.

Thank you for the Empire Builder, it is a nice train!

EDIT: Also, thanks for uploading the missing dependency.

Your bogey on the GN coach has the UV mapping backward on one side of the roller baring covers. If you are using W. David Randall's books watch out for mistakes on the side drawings.
Hi Randall, I will look into that mapping issue when I have time for it. As far as W. David Randall, I've never heard of him. I generally web search for most of my drawings,

and occasionally can find what I am looking for in Model Railroader or Railroad Model Craftsman or Mainline Modeler old issues that I have or on their web archives. Sometimes, I can't

find a drawing at all, which is fairly common when it comes to trucks(bogeys) so when that happens I improvise, usually finding a photo that is as square on as possible, and using one of

several different methods to scale it as close as possible, and working from that. Certainly not technically perfect, but it works for me. I've even taken screenshots of actual models and

worked from them when I cannot find anything else. As a rule of thumb, I try for matching the look and flavor of the prototype, including details that are prominent and appropriate,

rather than getting caught up in counting rivets. Often, I don't like my result, and the project gets shelved for a while, until I find another method, or better information. When I like my

result well enough, then I try to refine it as much as possible, which can be pretty frustrating sometimes, as I am sure you are aware, before I offer it up to others.

I had to put these up to further showcase the artistry of TUME on his Avery-Drexel Route in response to NormHart's fine screens from earlier:
ncl35_zpsgc6hd903.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
here the NCL is approaching the town of Mullen, ID and also beginning the long climb up over Lookout Pass, which NP kept open just for the NCL-it was too steep of grade for the heavy freight traffic.
ncl30_zpsg1epu8or.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl28_zpsjzryuy1m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl31_zpsi7ak7w6q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
NP had one car separation rule per each dome car to give passengers the optimum views.
ncl32_zpsiw9fuv3r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl33_zps7tggyszi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl27_zpsusycqkpn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I never got to ride the NCL, but I did get to spend some time up in the Bitteroots. My dad spent a lot of his youth up there, along this very stretch of track, welding bridges for the NP. It's absolutely breathtaking scenery. I can only imagine how it must have been to ride the Vista Dome North Coast Limited through there!

Last edited:
ncl25_zpsr82wvvde.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've often thought the luckiest guy on the train was the engineer-those covered wagons had a view somewhat like driving a car, and high up like the dome car to boot!

ncl24_zpshiqtwu6r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl26_zps9rnapcje.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl23_zpsbfspwbac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl20_zpss5brjcha.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl19_zpsixm0w9h2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl17_zpsoucvi7gp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Now the NCL is snaking her way up the stiff grade of Lookout Pass-getting near the summit
ncl16_zpsdoffmcsj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl18_zpsc8bnagsc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ncl10_zpsvbakps3s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
getting close now

ncl9_zpsu5wxcsna.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

here we are: the passing siding at the summit
ncl4_zpsoqbde2r4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now it's time for the long descent into Western Montana:
ncl2_zpsw0pq8vna.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
NCL0_zpsyu5exhch.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
On to Livingston, Laurel, Billings and points east!
ncl1_zpsb6fsxr0x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Those great northern locomotives that you made look great and I wish there was an better model of the SP E9
Some day hopefully, I would like to get around to updating my old Union Pacific "city of" series. That included some E8 &E9's although many folks here on the forum did not think very

highly of them. But if that day comes, and no one has put up a really high quality E9 by then, I'll consider doing an SP version. But I didn't think SP had very many E's, I'll have to

research that. I might be thinking of Santa Fe, they only had a few E8's, they used F3's and F7's and F9's and some Alco's for the Chiefs. I know I had a Model Power set way, way back of

the Daylight, and it was powered by F's. But you can't really trust model manufacturers either. Anyhow, maybe some day. But it's a ways off. Have you looked at Whitepass' Alco PA's? I

don't know what skins he used, but they are pretty nice models. And I'm pretty sure SP had some of them as well.

Thank you very much, diecastgalore, for the beautiful rollingstock.

Would it be possible, that you will upload some consists with this rollingstock, please?
I am a little bit helpless with the order of the cars in a consist.

Regards
Swordfish

Back