Alice's Restaurant

jopartain

I'm not sure how, but I got the song in my head while designing a layout for Trainz, and it got me to thinking that it should be a game asset. It would be perfect, seeing how in the song it was half a mile from the tracks!

Alas, I have never worked in content creation. Would anyone consider making it?

PS,

Does anyone know why a / is placed between a word and its 's on the DLS?

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant...

Hmm does that mean its a multi industry with attached track in the Trainz version?

True! :D

I personally thought that it might have a sign with the phrase under it, and the abandoned church as a part of the asset.

Can't you use any restaurant you want? the song's about Alice and the restaurant, " but Alice's Restaurant is not the name of the restaurant."

I did a reskin of Dave Snow's restaurant into Alice's restaurant a few years back and I believe it is on the DLS. If not I'll upload it tonight when I get home.

Dave

I thought I had it, but it must have been replaced when I did a reinstall :'(.
Here's a possible new Alice's Restaurant.

Yes/No? What does the Trainz community think? If it is well received then I'll ask Dave Snow as it's a reskin of his original restaurant. If he says OK it will be on it's way to the DLS.

Dave

544c88de277566bc7aabc73b6dc36fb8.jpg

who's going to notice the missing letter? I didn't, not right away. Besides, NV3 misspelled the Nickel on the caboose they sold.

LOL

who's going to notice the missing letter?

Thai solicited comments, comments on the comments were not solicited.

I didn't, not right away.

I'm not seeing why specific viewer capabilities are pertinent.

Besides, NV3 misspelled the Nickel on the caboose they sold. LOL

Well if thats the case, it must be ok. Now that comment commentary was reviewed, feel free to offer any constructive response to Thai while you're posting here in any event.

OPPPPS :confused: :hehe:.

Another thought came to mind. Seeing this is an old hippy protest song should I change the flag to a peace symbol?

Dave

OK here are the the "protest" versions of Alice's Restaurant.

Again I would like to ask the trainz community which version (with corrected spelling :confused: ) should I show to Dave Snow for final approval and upload to the DLS? I would like to also hear what jopartrain thinks as it was his request.

Dave

b741f944f52d8a805d1befbc5557c857.jpg

1ca1cee4c614cb08cddb1bc1bb5f5b5f.jpg

Ok I find this quite amusing.
I adore the first spelling of Resaraunt by a gentleman who lives in Thailand.
That is absolutely hilarious with all due respect whether intentional or unintentional.
Of course it conjures a "general/supposed" asian accent.
Dave (Thai1on <- lol lol lol) has corrected it promptly of course.
But that's lol of the day for me.
It could actually be the Thai area store of the Alice's international franchise. :cool:
*just wafflin! Thx for the laugh. :hehe:

Hi Dave,

I like the black and white peace protest flag. It's more what I remember seeing as a kid growing up in the 1960s and 1970s.

John

Sound good to me, John. I'll send a message to Dave for his approval.

Peghourse, I guess I've been here too long as my Egrish :hehe: has been suffering :confused:.

Dave

Sound good to me, John. I'll send a message to Dave for his approval.

Peghourse, I guess I've been here too long as my Egrish :hehe: has been suffering :confused:.

Dave
You certainly have. Everyone knows the correct spelling under these circumstances is ENGRISH............ for consistency with CHINGLISH and SPANGLISH. :)

I just received the OK from the original creator of the restaurant; thanks Dave!

It's on the way to the DLS :cool:.

Dave

Alice's restaurant has been approved and on the DLS in 24 hours.

Don't forget she'll be open for Thanksgiving!

Alice's Restaurant <KUID:549274:100460>

Dave

Nice! Certainly would be fun to add to my current project. If all goes well, it'll be on the DLS too, and it would be nice to have an easter egg of sorts on the route.

Back