ALCO RS1 - Northern Pacific request

Richarde57

Hi,

I'm looking/searching for a JR ALCO RS1 which is in the NP color sceme like on the pictures.
Payware, because it's a JR one.
There is one done on picture 1, but after asking for info I never got any email back.

Because I have bought all the Alco RS1's from JR and the rest of the long hood locos, I would like to add this one to my collection too.

Is it possible to ask JR to make me a skin for one of the several RS1's I already have?
If so, what will it cost?

Or even better, will there in near future a complete version, loco and skin, released on JR payware site?

alco rs1 - np 1.jpg

alco rs1 - np 2.jpg

alco rs1 - np 3.jpg

Thanks!

:)

That one is a (very nice) skin done by montanawestren. I think he used the Frisco model as a starting point. I've got a rebuild of my Alco locomotives under way but when that is finished I expect NP will follow shortly.

Richard, I have been lobbying (some might equate it to whining) for NP power for several years. There is rumor some may be on the way.

Regards,

e20NP2080320SR-13_zpsvtwkw6x6.jpg

I couldn't resist...

Started my own little project.
And for the time being until JR makes a perfect one, this will do just fine.

I have a good logo for on the cab sides but the number is in the way.
I used the numbers.im of the Utah Belt because it's the right font and size.
I can't change the mesh myself so I'm restricted to put the logo under the number.
And the used numbers.im has no nose and back number in it.

Maybe JR is willing to make me a good numbers.im?
Must be a piece of cake for them.

Oh, it took me 15 hours to get it like this.
There were some strange issues to skin this, like a grill that was mirrored :confused: ofcourse on a place I didn't want.
But even that is solved.

Some pics?

OK!

2017-05-16 130427.jpg

2017-05-16 130544.jpg

2017-05-16 130729.jpg

2017-05-16 130834.jpg

2017-05-16 130906.jpg

2017-05-16 131012.jpg

:)

Ooops, forgot to add the name "Northern Pacific" :confused:

How stupid... off to paint again...

☼...☼

Done.

2017-05-16 150011.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Richarde57, I've got an idea for you with the first two pictures you posted. Were any of the NP RS1s bought by other railways or did they all end up in BN colors? I was thinking its possible a shortline or other railroad may have bought one, then just relettered it and kept the original paint scheme and numpering, like the SP&S RS-2s that were in armour yellow but lettered for the SP&S

According to the book "Northern Pacific Railway Diesel Era, 1945 - 1970":
NP ordered 4 RS-1's from ALCO and were originally numbered 155 thru 158. In 1950 they were renumbered to 800 thru 803.

800 was dismantled in June, 1965. No reason was given.
801 was traded to EMD in July 1970.
802 became BN 952. It was sold to Precision National Corp. in June 1972.
803 became BN 953. It was sold to Precision National Corp. in May 1972.

Regards,

Little question for the JR RS-1 creator:

I have all the JR RS-1 locos.
I used the Frisco as the base model for the new NP.
This Frisco is the only one that has a beacon light on top, so my NP version has that too.
But I have no possibillity to switch it on or off.
Everything works, cab lights, class lights, sliders for all the doors and windows, except the beacon light. :'(

:confused:

(Oh, and I have no bell visible like the Montanewestren one)

Back