'Adler 1' - the most annoying asset in TRS2006

osq7

Confused
I have had enough of the Adler 1 asset.

Sometimes, when I go into objects in surveyor, I unknowingly place and 'Adler 1' on my layout and carry on building my layout until I notice the offending asset, and it cannot be deleted. Now I have (A) Ruined my hard work because I have saved when the Adler 1 has been on my layout or (B) I have to lose half my work by re-loading the route.

So I have disabled both 'Adler' assets.

Does anyone else have a similar problems/advice on how to delete it?

Have you switched to wireframe mode to find it then delete it?;)
Problem is that it flies around in circles near the top of the camera view, and it is 2D so deleting it is like trying to shoot a fly with a shotgun that is tethered to the ground on a rope that is 2 yards too short.:hehe:

Does anyone else have a similar problems/advice on how to delete it?

You cannot delete a built-in asset.
Is the placement due to it being at the top of the list? If so, try opening it for Edit then renaming it something like Flying Birds 1 and recommit. Then it will not be at the top so you don't place it accidentally.:cool:
But then you have to look at what will be on top next.:p

Hi,

I,m not saying this is the greatest of ideas, but this is how you can get rid of a built in asset from a route if you can,t do the normal delete.

"Opened up CMP - disabled the built-in asset I wanted to get rid of - then opened that asset for editing.

Opened up Windows Explorer - found the open asset in the 2006 editing file - cut and pasted the asset folder to My Documents and then deleted the folder. (It does not work if you try and delete the folder directly from the editing file)

Re-0pened CMP and then started up trainz from CMP.

Loaded up the route - every instance of that asset will have disappeared - then click "Delete Missing Assets" and save.

Tidy up CMP by using the "revert" option on the asset."

If you then leave the built-in asset 'disabled' it will not appear in Surveyor.

Like I said not the tidiest of procedures, and if anyone has an easier way I would be grateful.

Regards, John

well i guess you could say i just got luckey myself. it seems i found an asset that looked interesting and downloaded it. "acme industries".

so as a resault adler is no longer first. so now if i accidently place the first asset when opening surveyor, its this nice midium sized building the just sits in one place and is easy to remove.

=^^=
.../\...

I had the same problem with Adler when it was top of the list. Now it's a young lady named Abigail who keeps cropping up in the most unlikely places.

pixel

If you go into the config.txt of any asset - even built-in ones, you can insert the letter a or z or even a number, in the username description.
Z = Zoo If you insert a in front of Zoo it will be aZoo and will feature at the top of your list when you go into your rolling stock or content. This saves time when hunting alphebetically for something...... Alternatively, if you put z in front of Adler, then it will be out of sight at the bottom of the listing.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Back