Acceleration and braking question

Maxi25

Hi all,

I just got Trainz2009 and it seems to me that the diesel/elect. locos accelerate too quick, even when pulling a fully loaded consinst. There is not much difference in performance when driving only a prime-mover and a fully loaded trainset (throttle 2 would be enough to pick up speed). If you set the throttle at max. it will accelerate way too fast

Also when releasing the brakes looks like there is a delay for the Cyl. pressure to drop as you pull the lever all the way back. (sometimes when you fully release the brakes they still being applied for a few seconds)

It just doesnt seem to be "realistic"
Please correct me if I'm wrong

Not wrong. The config files hold the kuid that refer to the engine file that contains the accel and deccel numbers. Those can be manipulated in explorer if you like, or if you find an engine that performs how you like, you may just reference that engine's engine file kuid.

Not wrong. The config files hold the kuid that refer to the engine file that contains the accel and deccel numbers. Those can be manipulated in explorer if you like, or if you find an engine that performs how you like, you may just reference that engine's engine file kuid.

I went into the Auran folder in my C drive and the only kuid that I found is the one in the "sttings" file.

This is what it says: base-kuid <kuid:-2:1002>

Do you know where to find the ones for each loco?

Thanks in advance

This is an old problem. As being said: Copy the parameters on an engine you like and it should be fine. But really: Auran should provide a near exact set of parameters (numbers for braking acceleration and decc.)so we poor souls can make adjustments. The file in question is the one for engine config, and it should be easy to find in the config file of the particular loco.

I went into the Auran folder in my C drive and the only kuid that I found is the one in the "sttings" file.

This is what it says: base-kuid <kuid:-2:1002>
Do you know where to find the ones for each loco?
Thanks in advance

You can't go to the Auran folder and expect to find anything because the builtin assets are compressed into a giant .ja folder and anything that you've downloaded will be in the local\hash folders in compress format. Here is a detailed list of 'how to'.

To find and edit loco kuids, start the Content Manage (CM2) and in the Search Action Panel along the left side, select Category - Locomotives. Right click on the desired locomotives kuid and select View Config File. Find the enginespec tag and note the kuid number for it. If you want to edit the enginespec, close the config view and right click the loco and select 'View Dependencies' to list them, then select View in Main List. Right click the enginespec kuid and select Edit - Edit in Explorer. Now the Auran\TS2009\editing folder will appear and you can double click the enginespec config.txt file to open it in Notepad. Go down to the Motor { section and find max-accel, max-decel tag and edit the values. Save and commit.

You can't go to the Auran folder and expect to find anything because the builtin assets are compressed into a giant .ja folder and anything that you've downloaded will be in the local\hash folders in compress format. Here is a detailed list of 'how to'.

To find and edit loco kuids, start the Content Manage (CM2) and in the Search Action Panel along the left side, select Category - Locomotives. Right click on the desired locomotives kuid and select View Config File. Find the enginespec tag and note the kuid number for it. If you want to edit the enginespec, close the config view and right click the loco and select 'View Dependencies' to list them, then select View in Main List. Right click the enginespec kuid and select Edit - Edit in Explorer. Now the Auran\TS2009\editing folder will appear and you can double click the enginespec config.txt file to open it in Notepad. Go down to the Motor { section and find max-accel, max-decel tag and edit the values. Save and commit.

Thanks man, but now I don't think I'll be doing any "experiments" as I got no idea about how to match it with the real thing -those parameters have to be spot on, otherwise the performance will be worst than now

Back