A Thank You and an apology.

smash

Whos on First?
:)First I want to thank N3V for the recent sale. I was able to purchase some items I had been wanting to get. They were even able to answer my helpdesk request's with two of my purchases. The answer's came within a few hours of the tickets being submitted. The second helpdesk ticket ,to me, shows how much of a great company N3V is. I had purchased an item I had previously bought. They allowed me to exchange it for another item.

As for the Apology, that would be to the good folks at Jointed Rail. Most of the items that I purchased were from them.
I had been planing on doing some purchasing from them when I had more money. But the sale prices were too good to pass up.
( I know it may seem a bit silly to offer an apology but that is that the way I like to be.)

Here is what I purchased.

Coronation Scot
Murchison 2
CSX SD70MAC Pack
BNSF/CN Pack
CSX Pack
SD80MAC Pack
NS Heritage Mega Pack

So again I wish to thank N3V for the sale and support, and I wish to thank Jointed Rail for the great content.

A grateful,
Kenny

P.S. I Also need to thank the most important person of all.
My wife.:)

Morning Kenny,

Glad that we could be of service. We hope everyone is currently enjoying the sale and hopefully is getting the same level of customer service as always. Admittedly, we have a few more tickets than usual so we may be a bit slower but we are going as fast as we can, trust me. :)

Kris

Yes a great sale! I was thinking of getting the NS Heritage Mega Pac from Jointed Rail. Being out of work on Comp, I decided to wait since the price was kind of steep.
Then I got the N3V newsletter, browsed it and saw the Pac on sale, a no brainer!!! So now I have it. I won't apologize to Jointed Rail though. In this day and prices being as they are, I'll look for a sale. I was going to wait for Christmas and order from JR, but now I have it. I will say though, I'm impressed with the units! So now I will order some other JR items in the near future.

Last edited:
Morning Kenny,

Glad that we could be of service. We hope everyone is currently enjoying the sale and hopefully is getting the same level of customer service as always. Admittedly, we have a few more tickets than usual so we may be a bit slower but we are going as fast as we can, trust me. :)

Kris

I also have to thank N3V Games that finally I was able to purchase at the Mega Sale what I wanted to buy and the SC web site IS now looking good.

Having said that, however, you have to admit how damn silly it was to let your brand SC new web site lose without even to bother to do a single test buy from that web site, just to test it. You would have seen straight away, things are not what they seemed to be to you and you would have had amble time to correct what needed to be corrected. No amount of chest beating or blaming this or that afterwards will gloss over or negate these unnecessary and needless happenings of the SC web site when it started up and I would have thought, the recent troubles when changing and upgrading of the AURAN main forum would have been a wake up call to the company to do this better.

Anyway, now all seems to work as intended, the SC web site looks good. Just a few little suggestions if I may:

Some of the button links could open with a new page, for example the "view cart" and possibly others too or one is constantly toggling pages back and forth. (Possibly my preferred way to view pages but other web sites do similar with 'open in a new page' for similar).

When bookmarking the new web site, you get "Home Page" as the name, nothing else, if your web designers haven't discovered yet, they can safely name this as "Simulator Central", so it shows as such in the bookmarks of a browser. (I know, I can rename this in my bookmarks but again, not everyone does so.)

Why not make the "My Orders" page similar to the "My Downloads" or "My Serial numbers" page, as these 2 are essential the same and one can d/load with the D/load links there too if inserted in the "My Order" page. So one can d/load from "My Orders" if for some reasons the other pages links are either overlooked or are missing as they were a few days ago. After all, this IS the 1st page one will open up to see and confirm the order was received and processed.

As the "My Downloads" button/link does not exactly catch one's eye where it is, possibly make the "My Downloads" link a different colour or font or whatever, so it does stick out prominently.

My shopping cart still listed yesterday the last 5 orders I ordered and paid for several days ago and as of today I STILL HAVE NOT received a confirmation email of that order I paid for then. My email address is the same I used for the last 8-9 years with AURAN and is listed as such in my account of SC. I d/loaded all by now anyway and the shopping cart is now empty after I deleted these, I just wanted to point this out.

Please do not get me wrong here, I DO criticize where it needs to be done, I also praise when things go right for you people as I always did so in the past.

Now for my apology re the large fonts I used recently when I went off the rails a bit and you corrected these. I needed to go urgently to hospital for a few days and I thought I will miss the 27th of September dead line as I had to leave straight after I wrote that post. Lucky after I returned all was fixed and I could do my ordering and consequently I d/loaded all without a hiccup. In hindsight, IF your end of the SC web site had performed as it should have right at the start, none of the screaming and kicking by me and others here would have been necessary and calm waters would have prevailed in the forum instead.

C'est la vie

VinnyBarb

Last edited:
VinnyBarb,

The team who worked on the website placed quite a few test orders actually. In this sale, we have been able to identify problems (thanks to all who informed us of these issues) and fix them or work on fixing them, thus allowing us to have the problems solved sooner rather than later.

Take care.

Kris

Morning Kenny,

Kris

Kris,

I sure have enjoyed the sale. :)

Good luck with your tickets. I feel your pain there. I handle the same thing at my job.

John

Back