A rather "unique" signalling situation (large pictures)

H222

G'day all. I'm currently building a route based in Victoria Australia, set in the modern era. Since the first train ran in Victoria in 1854, (and indeed Australia) Victoria has had broad gauge, 5'3, whereas the other states of Australia have had different gauges. (Queensland has 3'6 Cape gauge, NSW has 4'8 Standard gauge etc.) In the early 1960s however, Victoria got a 4'8 Standard gauge line that stemmed from NSW. Because of this, Victoria now has 5'3, 4'8 and 2'6 Narrow gauge. In a lot of places, we used Dual gauge or gauntlet tracks (dual gauge has 3 rails, with one common rail between both gauges and Gauntlet tracks has 2 sets of rails sharing the same sleepers)

In regards to Trainz, I'm wondering if there is a way of managing these so that Standard trains don't go on tracks that Broad gauge trains are occupying, and broad gauge trains don't go on tracks Standard gauge trains are occupying, since they are technically (in trainz) on different tracks.

c81c0c044df41d27356f8cc6e0f8f632.jpg

The SG train is on the left, the BG is on the right.

7e97ffd0b3cbab5132f8987b12d81348.jpg

The broad gauge (green wagons) are still on broad gauge tracks, and the standard gauge (yellow loco and blue wagons) are still on the standard gauge tracks, however the situation is less than pleasing. Is there a signalling system or program that would mean the SG train is occupying that section of track and the BG train has a red signal and can't pass through there? I was just wondering how Boat's ASB system would work but I'm not very smart :hehe::cool:

Jamie :wave:

you could do it a number of ways, but i have a device similar to that junction link that works for signals. you can place a signal on each track and link them together. one can be invisible (or however that works for this situation) the device is Signal Link,<kuid2:69871:2139:1> on the DLS.

Trainz can only simulate the track but cant actually run two tracks as one. That is one of the reasons why crossovers cant see the track they are crossing. It could be done on short bits by using trigger multiple signals, but it could get messy over large areas in setting it up.

Back