2022 Content

Maddox61

I hope someone is on here right now, I am in a dilemma.

I have not been on Trainz since 2012 came out. I am looking at 2019 and 2022, however, it is all over the internet that 2022 and steam that the system comes with the fallowing:
[FONT=&quot]Trainz Download Station includes a huge selection of train vehicles:[/FONT]

• Over 27,000 Locomotives
  • Over 6,000 Hoppers & Gondolas
  • Over 5,000 Boxcars
  • Over 1,500 Tank cars
  • Over 1,000 Reefers
  • Plus passenger cars, cabooses, and much more.
  • And even helicopters, planes, boats and trucks!
Then I read that you must be a monthly or annual member to get this content. Can someone tell me if the new 2022 is capable of down loading height maps, do they include 27,000 locomotives, and can we still create our own content in Blender to upload to Trainz.

Thanks for any help.

Then I read that you must be a monthly or annual member to get this content. Can someone tell me if the new 2022 is capable of down loading height maps, do they include 27,000 locomotives, and can we still create our own content in Blender to upload to Trainz.
Thanks for any help.

Answer 1: No. The Download Station is free to use, however to get faster download speeds you'll need to buy an FCT.
Answer 2: Don't know what you mean by height maps but it can download routes.
Answer 3: These 27,000 locomotives are both freeware from the DLS and payware DLC from the Trainz Store.
Answer 4: Yes! You are more than welcome to create your own content.

Hope this helped!

Excuse my error I Steam red;

[h=2]TRAINZ RAILROAD SIMULATOR 2022 FEATURES[/h][h=2]1000s of Trains[/h][FONT=&quot]TRS22 includes over 400 train vehicles (locos, freight, passenger) just to get you started.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then choose from almost 70,000 additional free locos, freight & passenger cars on the Trainz Download Station or purchase your favorites from the in-game Content Store.[/FONT]

Answer 1: No. The Download Station is free to use, however to get faster download speeds you'll need to buy an FCT.
Answer 2: Don't know what you mean by height maps but it can download routes.
Answer 3: These 27,000 locomotives are both freeware from the DLS and payware DLC from the Trainz Store.
Answer 4: Yes! You are more than welcome to create your own content.

Hope this helped!

"FCT" if I remember right, is that the Content ticket?

having problems myself getting a first class ticket, my bank thinks it is a scam, and will not let it go through. any one else have this problem? curious.

"Answer 2: Don't know what you mean by height maps but it can download routes."

USGS elevation maps.

Trainz 2022 cannot do anything with USGS elevation maps; however there is 3rd party out there that will generate a Trainz route using that data, which you can then put into Trainz & finish building.

peter

Trainz 22, content manager can import height maps directly and Surveyor 1 can still use them. Height maps are much more limited in height, than the game can use. Better method is to use a third party program to make a ground file to get full height and more accuracy in placement. TransDEM is the current favorite to convert DEMs to files Trainz can directly use.

Trainz 22, content manager can import height maps directly and Surveyor 1 can still use them. Height maps are much more limited in height, than the game can use. Better method is to use a third party program to make a ground file to get full height and more accuracy in placement. TransDEM is the current favorite to convert DEMs to files Trainz can directly use.

Are you speaking of TransDem I've used his program with 2012, I did not know if it would work with 2019 or 2022. Also on my 4th PC so I would have to purchase it again if it will still work. I don't know why I answer these like this. I must not be reading them completely. Reeaallyy starting to feel stupid. LOL

I would like to to know if it is beneficial to purchase 2019 if I am going to purchase 2022 as well. Not sure if I would simply be wasting the money on 2019. And also not sure if it is better to pay as I go for the yearly rates or buy the full game. Many unanswered questions in my mind

Last edited:
having problems myself getting a first class ticket, my bank thinks it is a scam, and will not let it go through. any one else have this problem? curious.
Never heard of anyone having problems with any purchase through Trainz. However, I do know that if my banks bookkeeper does not recognize a purchase, they will stop it until they can contact me for verification.

I'm pretty sure I dealt with this briefly once in the past. The issue is probably that N3V is an Australian company so your bank views it as a risky overseas transaction. You would have to find the setting limiting overseas transactions, if available to you, or if possible contact the bank to let them know it's fine.

Strange. May have to use Paypal or some other payment processor if you want it to go through I guess. This is assuming N3V accept PayPal or an alternative, it's been a while since I've purchased anything from them.

Strange. May have to use Paypal or some other payment processor if you want it to go through I guess. This is assuming N3V accept PayPal or an alternative, it's been a while since I've purchased anything from them.

They accept PayPal fine. I use that for my subscriptions and I've used it in the past for my FCT. I was going to mention this but you beat me to it! :)

Regarding Transdem,
if you have a licence, contact geophile and I’m sure he’ll help.
the latest version will produce files that load into TS22 - this may be a paid upgrade from old versions.

2022 DLC

I am having trouble deciding on purchasing 2022 or 2019. I am not sure if it is me or am I missing something.

In the adds for TRS2022 it explains that the base game at 69.99 includes the fallowing;

[h=2]TRAINZ RAILROAD SIMULATOR 2022 FEATURES[/h][h=2]1000s of Trains[/h][FONT=&quot]TRS22 includes over 400 train vehicles (locos, freight, passenger) just to get you started.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then choose from almost 70,000 additional free locos, freight & passenger cars on the Trainz Download Station or purchase your favorites from the in-game Content Store.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Trainz Download Station includes a huge selection of train vehicles:[/FONT]

• Over 27,000 Locomotives
  • Over 6,000 Hoppers & Gondolas
  • Over 5,000 Boxcars
  • Over 1,500 Tank cars
  • Over 1,000 Reefers
  • Plus passenger cars, cabooses, and much more.
  • And even helicopters, planes, boats and trucks!

Then I would naturally need an FCT. However, In the Trainz download station, I can only find 304 items listed under all DLC categories for TRS2022. In the Trainz online store, I can only find 42 items listed under all DLC for TRS2022.

Again, am I overlooking something, or have the devs. drastically miscalculated their DLC content for TRS2022.

The only thing I can think of is that all the content from TRS2006 thru TRS2019 is compatible with TRS2022. And I can't see that, since the graphics from 2006 DLC most likely would not be compatible to the new operating system. Lower poly models, textures were not too good either in 2009. I could not see using DLC from 2009 on a new release 14 years later!

Back