2010, a few questions before I download

bassist118

Suffering for his art.
The pennies are sitting in my account waiting to download what looks like a great peice of software. just a few quick queeries before I go ahead and download it.

1. Is it possible to use 2010 content and 2004 content on the same map (in other words does 2010 content work in native mode) Dom Sartos cottages would look lovely with speedtrees dotted around.

2. I have over 100gb of 2004 content would it be more advisable to get rid and start again apart from routes I started (I really don't relish the Idea of backing all that up).

3. How does the layering in suvayer work, does this mean you can have a subway running under a city and a mainline over the top and how is this different to doing the same thing in 2004 using a faulse floor.

4. Could someone please tell me what UK locos have been made for 2009 / 2010

Cheers all and happy Christmas

Andy

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

1. You can certainly import T4 content into T10, however, there are issues with the different way graphics are handled. Some will run flawlessly, most will require fixing, and some will not work at all. It's a question of trail and error.

2. There's no need to start again with T4. Both versions will sit side by side quite happily on your computer.

3. Much more than that. Layering is more to do with storing maps in layers so you can easily change conditions on the maps. For instance, seasons, temporoary speed limits, different signals etc. Not a lot is known about layers at this stage, but there is a tutorial if you search for it.

4. Not many at this stage. Apart from the 4 or 5 that come with Settle & Carlisle, there are a few over at http://www.rail-sim.co.uk/ but nothing on the DLS yet.

Cheers and Seasons greetings to all

Layers are not physical layers, they act like groupings. Place some items on a layer, then when you are working with other things on a different layer, you wont disturb the previous layer(s)

Very useful for placing track and scenery and moving them around.

All of my locos etc are OK for TS2009/TS2010.

Glad you have come over to the light side !!!

Dont forget to get the SP1 upgrade.

Back