2004-2006 compatability

Ian_Coleman

Can someone tell me whether it is OK to download layouts or sessions written for TRS2004 and download them into TRS2006?

Or Vice Versa?

Ian

Hi Ian
No general problems with layouts but sessions can be a problem Restmorel Castle for example was produced in TRS04, tested by 06 users and is now available from Auran on the add on disk available from the shop
A forum search will give you an insight into the problems with sessions and scenarios
You can't use 06 material in 04
Regards Bob V

Routes for 2004 will usually come in the form of an '.exe' file that will install to a specified folder. Go ahead and follow this procedure... I find it easiest to install them to a temporary folder on my desktop.

From the Content Manager; choose 'Import Content' from the file menu and direct the operation to the temporary folder mentioned above.

Works great for me!

~Rick

Thanks Trackplate.

Got another question!

I've only just graduated to TRS2006, and I'm trying to download a route via the dowownload helper. I keeps asking for my ID, but when I go to the settings\miscellaneous tab, it won't let me type anything in. I'm registered and have a 3 month 1st class ticket.

There's something more I should be doing, but I don't know what it is?

Ian

just wait i have the same prob. wen goin to download dont just exit if no work just hit download agian then start then to trainz then driver then drive away ....
i just got carryed away shh...lol

Thanks Trackplate.

Got another question!

I've only just graduated to TRS2006, and I'm trying to download a route via the dowownload helper. I keeps asking for my ID, but when I go to the settings\miscellaneous tab, it won't let me type anything in. I'm registered and have a 3 month 1st class ticket.

There's something more I should be doing, but I don't know what it is?

Ian

From what I understand, the Download helper doesn`t work for TRS2006, it has been replaced by CMP.

That is what I mean. Despite reading the instructions in the manual, and on the website, my poor little brain refuses to make it clear to me as to what I should be doing in order to download.

Everything I try results in nothing at all!

Ian

Routes for 2004 will usually come in the form of an '.exe' file that will install to a specified folder. Go ahead and follow this procedure... I find it easiest to install them to a temporary folder on my desktop.

From the Content Manager; choose 'Import Content' from the file menu and direct the operation to the temporary folder mentioned above.

Works great for me!

~Rick

Do they really come as an Exe... I can remember downloading routes from the DLS for 04 and I can't remember them coming as .exes.

regards

harry

Sorry, my fault... you are right.

My point is still valid though. I've been able to import and use just about anything so far.

~Rick

Yep, you are correct. The only files that actually give you trouble in 06 are the ones with illegal characters. CMP won't download the file. Gerd's old wagons were a problem until Smiley helped me with editing the .im files. ATSF#4 & #5 depots are the only ones I can't fix yet.
Norm

Back