Cannot delete track segment

schweitzerdude

I have TS2010 and was deleting some track when I came across a short segment maybe 25m long between spline points that would just not delete. Nor would the move track tool work, in both cases I got the beep sound. Moved it between layers, still could not delete it. Even tried the object delete, no luck. Plan B is to cover it over with something.

I ran into a similar problem several times with a particular road spline (which I no longer use due to this same problem) where a segment would become straight and would not delete, but eventually with persistence got rid of it.

Anyone with TS2010 run into this?

Funny you should ask

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=74609

Still trying to find out if the turntable is the cause or just collateral damage from some other bug, but I've had it happen with track, bridges, and tree splines where they suddenly decide to be a fixed object rather than a spline object. The bridge was the most difficult, had to hack it in content mangler to change istrack from 0 to 1, then connect other splines to it the delete it section by section, some sections deleting with the spline deletion tool, others with the track deletion tool, others with the static object deletion tool.

From time to time somebody has this problem. And from time to time we come with the answer. Have you tried to delete it in "object" mode? For some reason, from time to time an spline becomes an object. And to delete it you have to use the objects menu. Also, delete it in the main map, not in a session. Hope it works..

thanks llebrez

1. Deleting as an object did not work in edit/session.
2. Deleting in the route only (using track/delete track) did work!

Last edited:
1. Deleting as an object did not work in edit/session.
2. Deleting in the route only (using track/delete track) did work!

If you have any loco's near what you want to remove I have found that it is the cause of the spline track not been able to delete.

kind regards,

SDPNZ.

Having a loco near... If you have a loco it means you are in a session. You could have a loco in a map, and if you delete the offending track, he loco may go to an spline somewhere in the map! at that point, doing a delete missing asset may work. I say, "may". Soetimes it is a pain to get rid of them as you delete, and they go to another place! I am very careful now as to what I delete and how, just in case. But in thie case, I believe that the offending piece of track was already alone, not connected to anything. Glad it worked.

Working in Surveyor I have also been frustrated by a piece of track that suddenly became an object too. I spent a while the other night getting rid of a track segment that refused to delete, finally the object delete tool did it. I scratched my head over why it suddenly seemed to be an object. I guess Surveyor just goofs up occasionally.

No trains on nearby track, no invisible layers

Quite early on I learned that you can't work on track if a train is nearby. What I often do in that case is lay down a temporary length of track unconnected to any other track and move a nearby train to that temporary track until I'm done.

But in my case deleting in the route as suggested by llebrez did the trick, although who knows why.

look at the section of track in the map mode closeup see if it shows a wagon or
consist. if it is turn off the map. ad another wagon to it, then go to the secondary consist page and hit the delete all button and delete the consist.
then go to the track button hit delete click on the track and it should go away.

Back