297 turntable bugs?

sniper297

Coconut God
297 120 ft Turntable,<kuid:522774:100056>

I reskinned the default 120 foot turntable for darker textures (and the missing texture in the left end roundhouse section) and haven't had any problems with the turntable itself - except. Several times now I've had occasions where track and/or splines suddenly think they're fixed static objects, and I have to select the objects mode (house icon) to delete them. Latest one today I merged in a four tile route which went fine, but after exiting and restarting the game I had tree splines running off the edge of the world and the track part of the Bridge Trestle std had separated from the rest of the bridge and tied itself into a knot. Each time this happens I go back to check my turntable, every time the turntable is gone, all the roundhouse sections, stub tracks, and connecting tracks are still in place.

The turntable might possibly be the cause of the problem or merely a victim of another bug, either way is anyone else getting this? I'm working in TS2010, but saving route and sessions to CDP and testing in TS12, nothing shows any errors or warnings. The turntable itself is clean in CM 3.3 and CM 3.5.

120' problems

Jim I never could get the roundhouses or turntables to work right, in your version or the one that came with 2010. I think Phil used some hodoomagic to get his to work. Engines always derailed no matter what I did, if you look real close the stub tracks and roundhouse tracks are set slightly lower than the table tracks. Experimented around and found the AJS roundhouse, turntable tracks and stubs work much better. They are close to the same design but unfortunatly the turntable is not as long. An SD70 will fit plus a foot or two. Did not have your problem though. Wonder if it hasn't got something to do with the fact, or at least on my machine you cannot align the table in any position but at right angles without the great blue void.
George

Last edited:
I actually had LESS problem with the 120 foot turntable set - with the AJS turntable you need to add and align the stub tracks, click into place, then attach the roundhouse sections. For the 120 foot turntable the roundhouse sections snap right to the turntable itself, you only need the stub tracks to connect the splined tracks. Took me a while to figure out the double spline point goes outboard, the red rectangle inboard, then drag the splined track up to the stub and let it connect to the one it wants to. Again, I don't know if it's the turntable itself, but whenever I get these confused splines and have to delete them with the static object tool, the turntables always disappear afterwards even if the nearest is miles away. Can't duplicate it at will, three different splines (tree, road bridge, and track) that got the confusion problem at random times, only common denominator is the missing turntables afterwards. For now I stuck the default 120 foot turntable in there, see if it happens with that one.

Here we go again

First problem in a while with this - updating the Chicago Metro route, testing in Cicero I derailed on the east lead track leading to the turntable. Went to surveyor to move stuff around and reconnect, surveyor freezes as soon as I click the stubs or roundhouse sections with the move tool. I'd appreciate it if someone who has Chicago Metro 1.2 could confirm the gripe, see if you derail on one of the Cicero yard turntable leads, see if surveyor freezes when you try to move anything.

More weirdness, I went into content mangler and deleted the turntable, then opened surveyor and "Delete missing assets" and saved the route. Back into content mangler to download the turntable again so I could replace it, back into surveyor and the turntables are in position.

Okay. So repeat all that, this time exit content mangler completely, open task manager and wait for the Daemon to go back home. Deleted the lead tracks and some empty splines, saved, exited all the way back to desktop, waited for TADDaemon.exe to quit, downloading turntable and stub again.

Got a grand total of four turntables on this route, with all the grief they're giving me I'm half tempted to dynamite them and use reverse loops instead. :'(

Back