UK Heritage Screenshots (Large screenshots)

Great screenshots all. Just one from me tonight. LBSCR A1X class Waddon awaits departure from Southbridge. Waddon is double heading with sister engine Brighton Works. I may ask Paul Hobbs if Waddon can be uploaded to the DLS. I'm also working on Gipsyhill if anyone is interested. Anyway, without further ado:
portlineparker201303250.jpg

Many thanks,

PortLineParker

Seems like the perfect thread for my railway.. I have left it alone for nearly a year now but recently started getting back into it.. So here are some old shots I found in my screenie folder. I hope you enjoy.

Davie_UCF_20120115_0007.jpg

Davie_ucf_20120108_0014.jpg
Davie_ucf_20120108_0004.jpg

Here’s a bit more Swange Railway.

I’ve spent a lot of time building the landscape six miles to the distant Purbeck Hills which, scenically, is an important part of the real route experience.

Here a shot of the first part of Norden Station with a lot of work still to be done. The hedge splines were placed to get the foliage limits down on the basemaps quickly and will be replaced, mainly with individual trees which should look better. One dilemma is that Norden station is a modern addition for the Park & Ride, so there is a temptation to rip it up and replace it with the old clay works with its narrow gauge railway, little of which remains today.

8gks.jpg

Here’s another shot, further east, looking back towards Corfe Castle station, with some old signs I photographed. Also featured is one of Jay Holland’s new (old!) King Arthur Class loco’s which, I seem to recall, were pretty good at setting fire to the dry grass along the embankments!

4u62.jpg

@mezzoprezzo:

Beautiful screenshots of the Swanage Railway, they capture the ambience of the locale extremely well. We were in Corfe Castle in early May this year but, alas, I didn't get to visit the Swanage Railway (with the missus!) but I did catch a glimpse of a black 5.

Rob

10 points to anyone who can guess the location. Although not strictly heritage, as this is in the 1950s, the present day version is being built from this. Any guesses?
hnro.jpg

Well it looks like the forums had a problem and all the latest posts have gone :(

Anyhow. This is my new project. I'm going to be building the Battlefield Line in Leicestershire. I am aware there may be a couple of this route already but it's my local railway and I'm going to strive to make it 100% accurate and detailed!

The Battlefield line is a preserved 5 mile section of the Ashby and Nuneaton Joint railway constructed by the Midland Railway and London North Western Railway. The line starts at Shackerstone Station (once Shackerstone Junction) and heads south to Market Bosworth and then terminates at Shenton.

I have started work at the Shackerstone end and have completed the first section of track, platform and the engine shed. The engine shed is very customised but I am very pleased with how it turned out and looks very similar the to real thing!

The engine shed, facing south.
trainz2013-09-1122-38-48-18.png

The south end of the Shackerstone platforms.
trainz2013-09-1122-39-07-10.png

Facing east over the engine shed.
trainz2013-09-1122-39-25-68.png

The south end of the engine shed looking up at the station.
trainz2013-09-1122-39-37-49.png

Inside the double track section of the shed.
trainz2013-09-1122-40-12-97.png

Shackerstone Junction signal box.
trainz2013-09-1122-39-47-23.png

Another view north
trainz2013-09-1122-41-21-86.png

Overview from above.
trainz2013-09-1122-40-38-51.png

Please let me know what you think to the shots!
We need to keep this thread going! :D

George

Thanks! I hope I'll make more progress today. Any shots of your WIPs? ;) and where did you get those green embankment/cutting splines in your last screenshot? (the screenshot that isnt there anymore)

George

I think the ones you are referring to are part of the FMA series by vendel. I use FMA bank w12 as it is perfect for double track.

I think the ones you are referring to are part of the FMA series by vendel. I use FMA bank w12 as it is perfect for double track.

Thanks I will get those straight away!

Here are the fruits of my labour yesterday.
Completed track work for the north end of the line. The left siding would originally been the branch up to Moira and the right sidings would have been the branch up to Coalville, both meeting the Burton to Leicester line. They are now primarily used to keep the lines diesel and carriage stock.
trainz2013-09-1310-40-19-81.png

Facing south
trainz2013-09-1310-41-54-63.png

George

Good luck to you, looks like it's coming on nicely.

I obviously know the line well :)

You do? That's great, if you feel I need anything changing along the or you can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Do you volunteer there?
It is my local railway but I only get chance to visit a couple times a year.

George

May I make a couple of suggestions? Firstly, I'd suggest using Bullhead - 09 track as it looks fantastic and doesn't impact frame rates. My second suggestion would be to use roads from domsarto. DS Road 01 has a lot of assets in the range and looks stunning, which may enhance the quality of this already fantastic layout. Just friendly suggestions, but otherwise good progress so far :)

PortLineParker

Here's the next step of progress. Shackerstone station is slowly taking shape. It's no way near being how I want it. I'll keep working on it though and try different things.
Thanks for the suggestions, I have changed the track and road. Looks miles better.. thanks!

trainz2013-09-1318-42-57-03.png

trainz2013-09-1318-43-56-04.png

trainz2013-09-1318-45-18-83.png

Regards,

George

It's looking good. This will definitely be something I'll be downloading if you release it. Keep up the good work! Hope to see more shots soon.

Bit of an update for the Battlefield Line, been playing around with a bit of greenery and some textures. Anyway, here's a comparison shot. I have tried to make it as similar as possible. No way near done yet.

Class 47 runs around train at the north end of Shackerstone Station.
trainz2013-09-1521-31-43-97.png

7577770160_0cbe4e9b5d_b.jpg

Regards,

George

More progress on Swanage. The Northern half of the town is more or less complete, just the Southern side to do. A screenshot of the progress so far:
sn7x.jpg

I've also completed the turntable using splines. Not brilliant, but it's satisfactory:
q6i0.jpg

And finally, I've made environment assets using Google Earth and SketchUp which I can use to accurately lay track. I am investing in DEM but until I figure out how to use it, this'll do. This is just West of Herston:
zq0f.jpg

Many thanks,

PortLineParker

Back