Users with the Steam TS12 version - please read (Multplayer Related)

Sorry, but i'm mobile software developer and don't need Wikipedia in this question. If we are make program runnable only on one phone/tablet/netbook with hardware lock then this soft have DRM. If the user can copy and run program on any device - soft havn't DRM, i's simple. For example, TS12 havn't DRM because it can run from any computer, needs only valid key registered on Auran database.

But Auran have access to you system too and can block your key. Whats the difference? "Don't be evil" (pirate, resource unpacker, etc...) and all wil be ok.

Can you list game with not latest version?

The other problem with it is that one cannot install DLC onto it unless it is from Steam as well, which in the case of both TS12 and Cities in Motion is not all available.

You may want to read the latest thread in the TS12 forum as well.

Shane

Sounds good to me. I will be checking the version information when I get chance, but I'm unlikely to discuss CIM much as that is not the topic of the thread.

Shane

EDIT: Just found that last Steam update for CIM was 19th May 2011.

Last edited:
I know why that is, but it would be interesting to see what hhrhhr says.

It's partly due to the anti-cheat system.

I've always said that Steam is bad news myself, as I know that they can block access to purchased games if they think their terms and conditions are being broken.

Shane

2ct_krogen
because "program" in Steam is not your, you bought a subscription for them.
without browser you can't play flash games. without auran lanucher you can't run TS12. without Steam you don't have access to your subscription.

Hi,
Just my opinion as i do not know much about how all this works but, with Trainz i can install the game and play it, i have the option to download extra content if i want or just play without having to log into a client. With Steam i have no choice i have to register then they control my access and when i can play. Purchased one game from a retailer then found out steam was required, last game that i purchase without checking the requirements. I like to have control of the games i have so i will never get a Steam product again.

M636, what do you think why 40 million people use Steam in spite of such terrible things you have described? currently in the network are almost 5 million, and they did not think about it. very sorry that you do not want to become one of those progressive people.

Back