Problem re-installing after uninstalling Tranz 2010 EE

trainzcallum

Ok, here is my situation (bearing in fact im 11). My dad let me borrow one of his old laptops for ALL of my simulation games (2 and they are WOS3 and Trainz 2010 EE). I uninstalled my WOS3 simulator without trouble (following the procedures in the manual, which took bout a hour to complete but sucessful :sleep:). Then, when it came to uninstalling Trainz i]I decided it would be quicker by right clicking on it in the start menu and click on uninstall. It was removed from my computer. When I read through the manual to check that I didn't make a fatal error, AND I DID. It quotes in the manual after the procedure you should do "Uninstalling or deleting the product in any other way man coause problems when using this program in the future or with your windows set-up". I tried installing it on the laptop and when it asked from the CD key in the settings and it said invalid.

Please help fix it so I wont have to buy the same porduct again (then if it wont work i can buy TRS 2012)!!!!!

Hi trainzcallum,

Please click Profile above, then click Serial Number on the left-hand side of the page.

Select your serial number in the main part of the page, then press Control(Ctrl) and C to copy this to the clipboard, then press Ctrl and V in the box where it requests the serial number.

Shane

EDIT: I made a small error above. 'Profile' should read 'Planet Auran'.

Last edited:
Problem

Here is a problem why I think it doesnt work. I have the code on the back of the manual but when I enter it in the cd key settings bar it says "You have not entered a valid serial number. Please check you are using english characters". What I think happened is when I incorectly un-installed Trainz, it was removed from my system but the code was kept encrypted in the game from when you enter it and activate it and was not removed so the code is embedded in the game or just left floating in my computer somewhere that I cant do anything about.:(

This is where things get complex - if the game is uninstalled incorrectly, this will make it harder to reinstall, as a third-party tool will be required to clear up the mess.

Shane

I don't want to sound defeatist but unless your dad's old laptop is a high end one it will not run trainz 2010. Check the required specs on the box and then see what the laptop is.
You probably will have integrated graphics which are no use at all for this game, a dedicated graphics card is needed.
Some people will say oh I use a laptop, what they don't say is a slug with salt on it moves faster.:eek:
Right laptop people, your turn.:eek:

Shane, here is the answer to your question , I right clicked on it in the start menu and then clciked un-install. Also, is the program called CCleaner or was it a mistake where you pressed C twice?

Shane, here is the answer to your question , I right clicked on it in the start menu and then clciked un-install. Also, is the program called CCleaner or was it a mistake where you pressed C twice?
and fran1, I had the same problem on my laptop with the same message so I tried reinstalling it on my computer where it was orginally then un-installed it correctly and installed it again and it made no difference. Currently, it is installed on my computer and laptop. My laptop is more then capable or running trains 2010. I can run WOS3 full detail,furthest veiw distance, EVERYTHING to make it look as realistic and possibly and it runs without the slightest of lag so i'm preety sure Trainz will be fine

OK - the method seems normal - the issue is that when Trainz is uninstalled, it does not remove everything.

Firstly, the Userdata folder in the TS2010 install folder needs to be moved to a safe location.

I'd advise getting help from your dad on this one, as it may get technical at times.

If you have reinstalled it, try the following tutorial of mine to completely remove it (Note: this will involve a third-party tool - Revo Uninstaller): http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php?page=how-to-remove-trainz-using-revo-uninstaller

If you have not reinstalled it, you need to delete to delete the TS2010 folder, then download and install the free version of CCleaner from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download. Use either of the links under the Free heading, then run CCleaner once it's installed to remove the remaining Trainz information from the Registry.

(and yes, that's CCleaner with two Cs)

Shane

Back