Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

Since I've done the support columns and girders (they've been submitted to the DLS, but still waiting on approval), I've moved on to making some track to match.

The track's got full LOD (close up is ~1500 polys, lowest res is ~160 polys).
Again, I'll post a detailed thread once everything's done.

Hello Again,

Excellent, excellent contents :D --- Looking forward to DLS! :wave:

---I'll still keep an eye open, as you continue!!!

Have a pleasant day!

Ish

PerRock_20140410_0000.jpg~original

PerRock_20140410_0002.jpg~original

peter

Since I've done the support columns and girders (they've been submitted to the DLS, but still waiting on approval), I've moved on to making some track to match.

The track's got full LOD (close up is ~1500 polys, lowest res is ~160 polys).
Again, I'll post a detailed thread once everything's done.

Those look suspiciously similar to the NYCTA Vintage Set Tracks....I applaud your work and think this is very good. Those textures just look awfully familar.

Last edited:
Those look suspiciously similar to the NYCTA Vintage Set Tracks....I applaud your work and think this is very good. Those textures just look awfully familar.

Familiar, but not. I did use BStyles' vintage track set as an inspiration, but the models and textures are my own. To blatantly take someone elses' work, that's not cool. I would ask first. And in this case, I certainly give a nod to BStyles, as his kit gave me inspiration to attempt something of my own.

Most of my underground stuff will be modeled on the system I know a little more intimately here in Toronto. Our tunnels are quite different. A curious question, does the NYCTA have tube-like tunnels (similar to London) anywhere in their system, or are they all box-like?

No disrespect meant at all sir. Your work is amazing, maybe we could use your skills!

Okay, recruitment and jokes aside, there was an issue with someone trying to take our textures awhile back, so we're just eagle-eye watchful. I definitely will be checking this kit out for sure. BStyles and I are glad that our work (his in your case) can inspire others to create such wonderful masterpieces.

To answer your question, NYCTA does have tube-like tunnels. Ironically for knowing so much about the system, I haven't ridden all of it. However, most of the underground river tunnels are tube-like in construction, since they are large pipes that are lowered into the water, assembled from either end, and unsealed once it's safe to do so.

-A :wave:

Some screens of my route called U-Bahn Frankfurt 2014.
There are 8 light rail lines in two big maps.

You can download it easily, the link is in the description to this video:

I've downloaded the 8 parts, but what do I do now?

Edit: I've figured it out, though now I seem to be having a problem controlling the trains.

Last edited:
2v0fo8l.jpg

"A witt train departing Broadview station... wait a minute... since when did trolley buses service Broadview?!"
The subway station is an ongoing project. Still needs some night lighting, and the actual subway platforms. I would peg it about a third finished.

Some screens of my route called U-Bahn Frankfurt 2014.
There are 8 light rail lines in two big maps.

You can download it easily, the link is in the description to this video:

I have 8 "U-Bahn Frankfurt Trainz 2014.zip.00X" files on my pc now but I'm unable to open nor to unpack them except the first one. I can open it with WinRAR but if I want to extract or open a file from it, it says the archive is damaged or has an unknown format.

Edit: Could solve this problem by using 7-Zip instead of WinRAR.

Last edited:
Back