Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

Great work Tume! I actually operated 2168 once at a trolley museum and she moved! Just make the orange on the car a little brighter and make the front doors fold outward and she'll be perfect! Just out of curiosity, will these be available for download or will come in a route? I'm a Philadelphia native who has worked with 2168's restoration and I'd like to help in any way possible.

Hallo Trizzy 2609,

thank you for your kind words :)
Yes – I did not found any photos indicating to which side the door moves. I will see to find a way to change this animation to get the front door outward moving. These animations are quite complex :)

I just picked the color out of a nice photo from that car taken after preservation at the Baltimore Streetcar museum where the car is located now. Perhaps I picked the color from a section which appeared a bit too dark.

BTW – if you coming from Philly – do you know something about the chance that SEPTA reopens Line 23 again?
I know there have been more lines planned to come back but I have read that the 23 tracks have been refurbished at a street section in Germantown some years ago but at other places the track would need attention of course.

I really ask myself why they putted these lines (23, 56 and so on) out of operation anyway. I found some articles in the net that named the need for new cars as the main reason. But in the other hand SEPTA probably needed to increase the number of busses significantly to get the capacity to serve the suspended streetcar lines with it. I don’t can imagine that a simple streetcar just like the Kawasaki PCCs are much more expensive to get than a large number of busses.

Perhaps you know something I don’t :)

About the release:
There are not much considerable streetcar routes available at DLS – especially not including content which meets the latest standards such as season change. My PCCs (as well as all of my content now – tracks, roads, buildings, ground textures and so on) will support this feature meaning the user can play in summer or a snow season. I already crated such a new “playground” for seasonal streetcars and therefore these cars will be released within that route. The route even contains a bulk number of new seasonal content – quite enough for users to build their own routes from if they want.

Your’s TUME

Hallo Trizzy 2609,

thank you for your kind words :)
Yes – I did not found any photos indicating to which side the door moves. I will see to find a way to change this animation to get the front door outward moving. These animations are quite complex :)

I just picked the color out of a nice photo from that car taken after preservation at the Baltimore Streetcar museum where the car is located now. Perhaps I picked the color from a section which appeared a bit too dark.

BTW – if you coming from Philly – do you know something about the chance that SEPTA reopens Line 23 again?
I know there have been more lines planned to come back but I have read that the 23 tracks have been refurbished at a street section in Germantown some years ago but at other places the track would need attention of course.

I really ask myself why they putted these lines (23, 56 and so on) out of operation anyway. I found some articles in the net that named the need for new cars as the main reason. But in the other hand SEPTA probably needed to increase the number of busses significantly to get the capacity to serve the suspended streetcar lines with it. I don’t can imagine that a simple streetcar just like the Kawasaki PCCs are much more expensive to get than a large number of busses.

Perhaps you know something I don’t :)

About the release:
There are not much considerable streetcar routes available at DLS – especially not including content which meets the latest standards such as season change. My PCCs (as well as all of my content now – tracks, roads, buildings, ground textures and so on) will support this feature meaning the user can play in summer or a snow season. I already crated such a new “playground” for seasonal streetcars and therefore these cars will be released within that route. The route even contains a bulk number of new seasonal content – quite enough for users to build their own routes from if they want.

Your’s TUME

Tume,
The 23 Line has been in question now for many years since they basically dismantled and paved over the 56 tracks recently and SEPTA is about to secure funds for a new order of 65 foot articulated LRVs to either replace or supplement the Kawasaki Cars. The Kawasaki cars were actually quite pricey from what I heard and SEPTA canceled a option order of 150 more cars which would've kept the 6, 23, 56, 15 & 50 lines in service. Sad to say the 23's revival isn't on SEPTA's current budget. They are using the budget to get more trolleys and fix the railroad bridges for the commuter line who are near collapse. (There's one bridge on the R8 Chestnut Hill Line that flexs when trains go over it.) So keep crossing your fingers for the 23. I might be funded next budget.

As for the PCCs, I understand about their release. I do have your city and I love it a lot plus I'm planning on eventually making a trainz version of some SEPTA lines and my own city based of Trainzland's Modular City called "Metropolis Transit" but with a much bigger and more transit-system like. The Philadelphia PCCs have (and correcting myself from a earlier post) Inward front doors and outward folding backdoor. I actually was creating a 1978 era rollsign for the PCCs from a real set I purchased from "The Rollsign Gallery" website. Any more information you need don't afraid to ask! :)
-Trizz

Tume,
The 23 Line has been in question now for many years since they basically dismantled and paved over the 56 tracks recently and SEPTA is about to secure funds for a new order of 65 foot articulated LRVs to either replace or supplement the Kawasaki Cars. The Kawasaki cars were actually quite pricey from what I heard and SEPTA canceled a option order of 150 more cars which would've kept the 6, 23, 56, 15 & 50 lines in service. Sad to say the 23's revival isn't on SEPTA's current budget. They are using the budget to get more trolleys and fix the railroad bridges for the commuter line who are near collapse. (There's one bridge on the R8 Chestnut Hill Line that flexs when trains go over it.) So keep crossing your fingers for the 23. I might be funded next budget.

As for the PCCs, I understand about their release. I do have your city and I love it a lot plus I'm planning on eventually making a trainz version of some SEPTA lines and my own city based of Trainzland's Modular City called "Metropolis Transit" but with a much bigger and more transit-system like. The Philadelphia PCCs have (and correcting myself from a earlier post) Inward front doors and outward folding backdoor. I actually was creating a 1978 era rollsign for the PCCs from a real set I purchased from "The Rollsign Gallery" website. Any more information you need don't afraid to ask! :)
-Trizz

Hallo Trizz,

just as wanted to answer you about the doors, I saw your new post.
I also searched again for photos indicating the doors and I found a photo of the 2168 with the inwards going front door. Unfortunately the back door is closed at that photo. But with your help, I now know that I need to change the back door animation.
This actually is a bit more easy because the back door is situated in a 0 degree angle to the middle axis of the car. This safes some calculations :)
If I am lucky I just will need to turn the animation angle values from “+” into “-“. We will see.

Thank you also about your descriptions of line 23. I did not know that SEPTA tore up the 56 tracks. In Google Maps and Google Street View the 56 tracks still goes along Torresdale AVE as far as under the Erie Torresdale Metro Station and eventually up to Torresdale AVE/Frankford AVE. Of course it can be clearly seen in Google Maps and Google Street View that the tracks have been paved over from that location all the way to Cottman Loop at Torresdale AVE/Cottman AVE.
I think I once have read something about planes to reopen the 56 just as far as to the Erie Torresdale Metro Station leaving the rest to Cottman Loop as a bus branch line. But if they cannot even found cars for the 23 they won’t have cars left for that one too.
Perhaps SEPTA should watch some activities at Toronto. They are about to replace the CLRVs and perhaps the ALRVs with new articulated low floor cars in the foreseeable future. May be the Canadians are willing to sell the some CLRVs for less many to SEPTA :)

But I read also about an interesting Philly-LRT project which is probably independent from SEPTA. If I recall right there is a group of Investors willing to build an LRT route along the river east of Philly Down Town by using the unused RR-tracks at Columbus Blvd and the Delaware AVE to join into the 15-track (as far as I know 15 has got an temporary loop there as long the track reconstruction is under way at the rest of the line – but I am not sure) at Frankford AVE. This LRT would also have a branch line into the City Center. The last state of information I have is that still discussions take place where the City Center branch should be installed.

Just see some more screens of my “Season Town” route :)

4d17.jpg

ag56.jpg

lwlo.jpg

alk9.jpg

tp8n.jpg

u89f.jpg

xrvu.jpg

1j0x.jpg

Your’s TUME

A little something I'm working on. It might not be New York, but...

20rnubr.jpg

The track is from BStyles (not available on the DLS), but all of the support frames are mine. I'm just putting the finishing touches on them, and I'll post the support kit to the DLS, and likely to TrainzProRoutes. It's loosely based on the support framework used in New York. I might take a crack at doing the track as well, but no promises. I've still got a backlog of other stuff that needs to be finished (*cough* Witt streetcar *cough).

@Screamingman14 - If you're asking me, then the trams are as follows:

The all white one is an Alsthom Citadis by Denis_fr on the DLS. Search "Citadis".
The blue and white one is a Belgian LRV by Cosey on the DLS. There are lots of versions of this - search for the creator, cos I can't remember their name.
The last white and orange one is a GT6, which is from Modula City (payware), but included in TRS06.
All of the others are from: http://www.barowa.tubaza.net/PTram/index.php which has stacks of European trams - all superb.

@Compudoc - I too would like to know what the building in your second shot is... Superb shots by the way - I'll have to look out for your new route!

@JShaw / PVincent - Those Boston LRVs have a passing resemblance to the LRVs on the (London) Docklands Light Railway (in fact there is a reskin of one into DLR colours on the DLS). The Docklands LRVs are exactly the kind of thing you are looking for - small, 3rd rail and running around very tight corners...

And now some pictures... these are from my Westhaven Trams route on the DLS...

Screen_177.jpg

Screen_174.jpg

Screen_171.jpg

Screen_168.jpg

Screen_166.jpg

Screen_161.jpg

Screen_160.jpg
Screen_155.jpg

Screen_153.jpg

Screen_150.jpg

Paul

In screenshot 1, where did you get that road sign and those traffic lights?

... and I'll post the support kit to the DLS, and likely to TrainzProRoutes. It's loosely based on the support framework used in New York. I might take a crack at doing the track as well, but no promises. I've still got a backlog of other stuff that needs to be finished (*cough* Witt streetcar *cough).

Good Afternoon, sir

I hardly ever post these days, but I do hope you post a thread whenever your kit hits the DLS -- Hopefully I catch it -- However, I will from time to time visit this thread just in case you do post about your support kit here, further!

Have a nice day! :wave:
Ish

Good Afternoon, sir

I hardly ever post these days, but I do hope you post a thread whenever your kit hits the DLS -- Hopefully I catch it -- However, I will from time to time visit this thread just in case you do post about your support kit here, further!

Have a nice day! :wave:
Ish

I'll likely create a separate thread to announce the kit. I'll want to post additional pics of what's possible.

In screenshot 1, where did you get that road sign and those traffic lights?

There's a blast from the past...

Traffic lights are by Andi06, signs are by meridious. All on the DLS. Not sure how the trafic lights work in recent version of Trainz - they have been somewhat eclipsed by Boat's ATLS system.

Paul

Since I've done the support columns and girders (they've been submitted to the DLS, but still waiting on approval), I've moved on to making some track to match.

oa0yl1.jpg

The track's got full LOD (close up is ~1500 polys, lowest res is ~160 polys).
Again, I'll post a detailed thread once everything's done.

Back