GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

How are you going to make the rest of the fleets with their individual names?

Some of the Auto Numbering systems can handle names as well, as it's very common for engines to be named as well as numbered in the UK. If I were Ryan, I'd just use one of those.

peter

30ff8d4220a7130e99617604fe3d803c.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

Hello All,

Just clearing out old Gmax projects from my old laptop, so I finally got inspired recently after reading through my copy of ARHS Qld - Look Out For Trains 5; Landers by Andrew West to complete my M series 'Lander' carriage stock, and to include with the pack; QR English Electric 1200 class. Enjoy.
QR20Landers_zpsttrwturq.jpg

Regards,

M.Gitsham

oh-look-another-one-10.jpg

Finished with the weathering for the exterior; just need to finis the lettering on the chassis for the exterior. Then can move to texturing the inside of it! :)

Regards
Zec

Very nice 0-4-0 there. Almost certainly a product of Bristol, I'm going to guess it's a an Avonside, but could be a Peckett...

It looks absolutely fantastic, although on second glance I notice that the cab roof is possibly a little thick? Just wondering.

Hello All,

@LNER; that locomotive looks rather nice.

Wow, those QR carriages look quite nice. I can just see them passing along the QR network.

Thank you for the kind words Saturnr; the Sunlander was part of the Queensland landscape for over 61 years before she was retired this year. The M series carriage that I am building were also retired from service, including the sleepers and diners but the Inlander and Westlander still continue using the sitter carriages, baggage cars and luggage vans. Here is a picture if allowed of her in the early glory days of the affectionately dubbed 'Great White Train' -

Yarwun, near Gladstone: Up Sunlander hauled by 1460 class Dynamic Brake Unit 1470.
108094.jpg

28 October 1966.

Anyways, here is further progress on the Q.R NG English Electric 1200 class. Fix the mesh, added a few details, now added the cab interior using the 1200 class manual which contains rather nice diagrams and pictures of the class.
QR20NG201200_zpshblnbty5.jpg

Regards,

M.Gitsham

Last edited:
Only got door details and more pipes to go with this, I didn't build the louvres to high detail though.

vsx_zpsxmn5hwyk.png~original

vsx1_zpsytpmqn0f.png~original

When finished these will feature animated doors, extremely low detail interior, animated load compensating lever, VSX/VLEX types will be in BG/SG (some made it as far as Western Australia from 1978/79, in 1993 three where destroyed in WA), VSF/VLEY types will be BG only, VLNX/RLNX types will be SG only (News Print Traffic between Vic and NSW), in 2003 Freight Australia recoded some to VLRX (Rice Traffic), most of these wagons where scrapped under Pacific National in 2010.

http://www.pjv101.net/cd/pages/c299v02.htm

Cheers.

Back