GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

It is.

The author wondered aloud how it would look in Trainz and Railworks..... I said I would do the Trainz end of things.....I have the source file for 3ds max from the author...

Along with textures and added shapes for the C&O and the Virginian....

Oh, and just to fry your noodle.... Alco made steam engines too.....

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited:
It is.

The author wondered aloud how it would look in Trainz and Railworks..... I said I would do the Trainz end of things.....I have the source file for 3ds max from the author...

Along with textures and added shapes for the C&O and the Virginian....

Oh, and just to fry your noodle.... Alco made steam engines too.....

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Chris, you're an evil genius. A bloody brilliant one, but an evil genius nonetheless. I second conrail here; this is just epic WIN.

Oh, and I'd tread carefully; Don't tell a steam-lover that ALCo make steam engines. That's not even Steam101! :p:cool:

Last edited:
Chris, you're an evil genius. A bloody brilliant one, but an evil genius nonetheless. I second conrail here; this is just epic WIN.

Oh, and I'd tread carefully; Don't tell a steam-lover that ALCo make steam engines. That's not even Steam101! ;p

Then I prolly shouldn't tell you that here were 3 Railroad Engineers in my family...

One worked for the N&W..

One worked for NYC / PC / Conrail...

One started out as a Fireman on the Virginian Triplex......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triplex_(locomotive)

Last edited:
Speaking of which, do you have a copy of 3DCrafter (3DCanvas) Chris? I found someone else thinking aloud...

I downloaded the trial 9.1 version, but I don't have a license yet....

If they export from 3dcrafter as a 3ds file, 3ds max and Gmax will open it......and I can work with it...

I wouldn't be a "Brick" would it? :)

Yes, yes I do... I have the 3dc files, trying to find a way to convert them to 3ds, and I have an email into the original author, who I happened to get the alley from.... :)

f41aec80da7016c0e22d6b4aa3d2c4d1.jpg

Rock On!
Dusten~

COMPLETE re-do of the mesh for the NS BP-4. Now I made it with accurate diagrams and such. Currently stands at 21,557 poly's. I hope that isn't too much for trainz to handle :p

Needs a Boiler

All home-made, and all the fiddly bits are animated. Now all it needs is a locomotive to go on top... :)

73fb6b0f3c9d12bce8e08e9bed8567ed.jpg

(Image hosted at HostThenPost - may expire.)

Must be the Whitewalls

I-5 I suppose?

Do I get to beta it if I guessed correctly?

Got it in one (must be the whitewalls)! It may be some time before the model is ready for beta testing, especially in cab mode - I'm trying to learn as much as I can before giving up and using (for example) a cab that's already on DLS if necessary. But testing by an experienced steam driver would be great, if you're still interested then.

(Have done some odd jobs in Metairie - the part of Louisiana that sounds like the Bronx, if I remember correctly?)

Back