Trainz: A New Era Pre-Orders Have Now Arrived! - Visit our Information Page to find out more.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longest Train in America

United States of America, Arizona, Sonoita

Could be mistaken but my brother in law who works for the UP said they ran a 5 miler last year

Dear god JRT.

I would think that trainhandling and risk of huge derailment would make most RR's shy away from trains more that 14,000 tons.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOvw...eature=related

The CSX line between Philadelphia and Baltimore, chooses to run many, many, short, high speed TTX/COFC trains, sometimes 10 minutes apart. Its a very fast paced, single track RR line, with several passing sidings.

When the (Middle Division PRR) NS mainline is blocked by a derailment from Harrisburg To Tyrone, they shift alot of traffic North on the Buffalo Line, street running through many small towns to Sunbury (where they make the raisens), Williamsport, and run back to back, one way trains, down the single tracked Nittany & Bald Eagle line, through Lock Haven, Milesburg and on to the mainline connection at Tyrone.

Monster test train on the Horseshoe line: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B67vrhp2Xog
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; January 4th, 2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Willey Finishzit, Kenny Dooit & Betty Doant

What is your worlds longest train in Trainz ?

Train Overload:
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; December 7th, 2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Willey Finishzit, Kenny Dooit & Betty Doant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    I would think that trainhandling and risk of huge derailment would make most RR's shy away from trains more that 14,000 tons.
    Maybe the PRR in the 1890's. In Western Australia, the longest train was 99,000 tons, 100 ton shy of 100,000. I know BNSF runs trains over the cajon pass that have a max of 17,000 ton... But that magic horseshoe curve route of yours that uses MP wood that we admire so much doesn't do this, so it didn't happen, obviously

Jamie